mml pr is seeking an Account Assistant in our LA office with at least 2 years of relevant agency experience to handle day-to-day press initiatives for all designated mml pr clients.
Duties includes (but not limited to):
- Assisting Account Director with any and all client related duties/tasks
- Creating pitches and assist in securing print, online and broadcast placements for clients
- Writing press releases
- Monthly and weekly client reports including, edit/credit report, weekly/monthly summation, inventories and public relations calendar
- Taking notes during conference calls and arranging conference calls
- Putting together and managing client databases
- Costing out and helping to execute client mailings
- Fielding all press/sample requests for clients
- Communicating any and all related initiatives with client on a day-to-day basis -- as directed
- Booking client related travel
- Tracking expenses and supporting publicist on budgets
- Keeping press kit materials current and updated
- Carry out any and all pr related initiatives deemed appropriate by president of mml and or Publicist
Hours: 8:30am to 6:00pm daily (1-hour lunch)
- Longer hours required based on work load and client events
- At least 2 years relevant agency experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by experience pitching and writing press releases
- Possess press contacts and the ability to actively create and maintain great industry contacts
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Must be proficient in computer applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Cision experience preferred.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Compensation: 30k-35k annual salary
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.