Who We Are
Polyvore is a shopping destination where people give and get styling ideas. There’s a new outfit idea created on Polyvore every second of every day. That means endless inspiration on how to put together a look with endless products from the best shops around the world.
Polyvore is a division of Yahoo, and is based in Sunnyvale, California.
About This Job
Are you passionate about style and technology? Polyvore is hiring a lifestyle editor!
As a lifestyle editor at Polyvore, you would create, edit and surface the best trends in style, beauty and pop culture on our homepage and editorial page. You would also create original, engaging content for various Yahoo lifestyle verticals and for Yahoo and Polyvore marketing channels, including email, social and ads.
- Create original content and curate user-generated content every day
- Curate style trends and products daily
- Understand and become deeply immersed in community-created content
- Work with graphic designers, engineers and the creative team to develop content strategy
- Write copy and work with graphic designers to create assets for email newsletters
- Develop and execute partnerships with influencers, brands and media
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with team members from marketing, sales, social and community on creative assets
- Use Polyvore’s proprietary CMS and 3rd party tools to schedule content
- Help establish a voice for marketing
- Work as part of the creative team to brainstorm partnership and feature ideas
- 5+ years of experience in creating original content online
- A well-developed and sophisticated visual aesthetic
- A deep understanding of what appeals to viewers and drives them to click
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
- Great eye for spotting trends and solid knowledge of celebrity/pop culture
- Owns projects from end to end
- Self-motivated, resourceful and super organized
- Flexible and thrives in a fast-moving environment
- Friendly and easy-going collaborator
- Must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Bachelor's Degree required
How to Apply
Please send in your resume and clips/portfolio and apply at https://tas-yahoo.taleo.net/careersection/yahoo_global_int_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1644820