- Have a love of words, an ear for voice, and are especially skilled at picking up voice and tone of lifestyle brands.
- Have 4+ years experience writing professionally (agency, in-house brand, editorial, or a mix) and samples that speaks to the range and depth of your work.
- Have the ability to work copy and voice in all directions — from print and digital to mailers, email, site, and social media, and are excited to share, workshop, and create dynamic copy that works on more than one level.
- Are extremely organized, from navigating Google Docs to creating and tracking flow charts.
- Are cool (and nice) under pressure.
- Are familiar with and interested in retail / lifestyle market and trends.
- Are able to pick up a brand editor or editorial director's “big idea” and run with it.
- Are confident presenting finished work to cross-functional teams higher-ups, and other audiences.
- Supporting Senior Editorial Manager across copy, brand projects, and building concepts.
- Reviewing creative briefs, thinking your way through them, and steering your copy through revisions, and tweaks (big and small) in partnership with marketing teams and graphic designers.
- Working closely with styling, social media, events/pr, and store visual teams.
- An equal mix of collaborating (with marketing manager and graphic designers) and working independently to manage your own time something done on deadline.
- On-site, approximately 40 hours per week to work in our midtown Manhattan office.
- Translating seasonal design and branding "point of view” into clean, compelling copy (signage, program landing pages, and social media, and digital ads).
- Working with styling and design team to research and name all products.
- Proofing all brand copy before it publishes.
- Prepping product, visuals, and materials for editorial presentations, pulling competitive research comps and project swipe, etc.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.