PR Coordinator and PR Account Executive
FYI Brand Communications - Full Time - New York, NY and Los Angeles, California
FYI Brand Communications is a boutique pr, marketing and communications firm specializing in combining and creating the trends of consumer products, entertainment and pop culture. We encompass a range of divisions including sportswear and specialty fashion brands, celebrities and non- profit organizations. Our agency represents top music entertainers, athletes & corporate brands. We have the same resources of a large agency, but the ability to provide detailed attention to our clients. We specialize in branding and staying in on the cusp of all things pop culture.
Learn more at http://www.fyibrandcomm.com
As we continue to grow, we seek dynamic, enthusiastic, talented, and dedicated individuals for both PR Coordinator and PR Account Executive position, in our consumer & Celebrity divisions. Candidates should have at least 2-3 years and 3-5 years agency experience in consumer brand with proven media contacts. Celebrity/Sports is a plus. The ideal candidates must be an independent self-starters with strong writing, leadership, and time-management skills, who also have a strong pulse on all things pop culture.
We are looking for a hard-working, business minded go-getters,who are able to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment, with the skill-set to manage multiple accounts. Salary commensurate upon experience.
Duties included, but is not limited to the following:
- Developing press materials including releases, backgrounders, pitch letters and media alerts
- Researching, compiling and maintaining media lists and editorial calendars
- Monitoring press coverage relating to the agency's clients and creating summary reports under the direction of an account executive
- Engaging with the media, assisting in pitching and securing media contacts (magazines, newspapers, television and internet) on daily basis to secure stories, features and placements for clients
- Handling FYI's social media such as Facebook and Twitter*- Handling clients' day to day requests
- Creating business proposals
- Event production, Event integration and activations
- Competitive market research
- General administrative duties (filing, phone calls, copying, etc.
PR Account Executive:
- Day to Day for dictated consumer brand accounts, event and talent activations
- Working alongside the Director on strategy
- Engaging with the media and pitching, on daily basis, to secure features and placements for clients
- Delegating to staff and interns
- New business proposals
- PR Coordinator 2 - 3 years experience in a PR agency
- PR Account Executive 3-5 years experience in a PR agency
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- Strong relationships in the fashion/accessories,beauty industry, tech.and pop culture media.
- Self-starter, multi-tasker and have the ability to delegate duties to a team.
- Heavy pitching experience and proven contacts in print, digital and medians
- *Be prepared to show a portfolio of your media placements and writing samples.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY and Los Angeles
Required education: Bachelor's
- Consumer: 1 year
- Public Relations: 2 -5 years
- Celebrity: 1 year