Hesperios is currently looking for a Studio Assistant to work at their HQ Showroom Downtown Noho, NY.
The Studio Assistant will be a part of a brilliant and inspired team. You get to be hands on running of the daily business. Everything from running errands to shipping out orders. This position will be the glue that holds everything together.
There is room for growth for the right team player that feels at home with us at Hesperios and with our team.
We are looking for someone that is passionate about fashion, art, and literature. This person is creative, thoughtful, resourceful and energetic. We are seeking an assistant with a natural creative talent, flexibility, and a great personality. Ours is a 3-in-1 concept, integrating a knitwear label, online concept shop selling limited edition artist works, and literary journal.
A big plus for those who have design skills (illustrator, indesign, photoshop).
ON THE DAILY 8AM-4PM
- Help Founder, Sales and Production everyday with a variety of tasks
- Running errands, pick ups, deliveries, etc.
- Prepare office every morning at 8AM
- Prepare office for meetings with clients and buyers (water, coffee, provisions)
- Basic cleaning, grocery shopping at farmers market, preparing for the day ahead
- Breaking down boxes after shipments and deliveries
- Organize inventory. Make sure each style is categorized after style and size
- Ensure that all garments are placed correctly and nicely in their bags
- Data entry, media research, drafting pitches & press materials
- Sourcing stores and concept shops
- Assisting with all of our events, sample sales, pop ups
- Answer phone calls, email correspondence & running errands
- Take on the initiative of starting organizational projects at office so we can function better as a team.
- Creating systems. Thinking ahead.
- Walking founders dogs from time to time will be needed
- Must have a positive attitude with a "strong" work ethic
- No task is too big or too small
- Must be reliable, punctual, and energetic
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a “can do" attitude
- Flexibility in regards to working schedule
- Strong organizational, writing, and administrative skills
- Ability to master and navigate marketing, social media & social networking sites
- Genuine interest in fashion, art, and literature
- Ability to multi-task and strategize in a creative, effective way
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Excel, Word/Pages, MAC
- Candidate does not have to own their own computer or car.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put your name in the subject line.