Even for the generally clothing-obsessed editors of this website, few things feel less productive right now than shopping, especially when there are a slew of nonprofit organizations that will be able to put our money to better use as the new administration takes shape.
But if you would like to donate money to one of these organizations and get a very chic piece of clothing in return, New York-based brand Kaelen is here to make that very easy. From Friday through next week, the brand has marked every item on its website down 75 percent, and will donate 100 percent of proceeds to a charity of the customer's choosing that could potentially be negatively effected by the new administration.
Might I suggest this on-trend, striped, tie-front, cotton statement blouse?
The charities available to choose from with their corresponding promotional codes are below. And even if you aren't in the market for a new blouse, all of these organizations deserve your money right now (you can find even more here).
- Planned Parenthood – planned parenthood
- American Civil Liberties Union – ACLU
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People – NAACP
- Black Lives Matter – blacklivesmatter
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund – NAACPLDF
- Southern Poverty Law Center – SPLC
- Council on American Islamic Relations – CAIR
- Human Rights Campaign – HRC
- National Immigration Law Center – NILC
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network – RAINN
- Trevor Project – trevorproject
- Greenpeace – greenpeace
- The Nature Conservancy – nature
- Everytown for Gun Safety – everytown
Kaelen cotton pleat front shirt, $156, available at Kaelen.