Milk Makeup is currently looking for a Full time Beauty Editor to work in/out of our NY office. Driven by creativity and designed by industry insiders, Milk Makeup is inspired by our home; Milk. A cultural hub in NY and LA, that sits at the crossroads of fashion, music, photography, art and film. A place where trends are born and a platform for the next generation. Milk Makeup is fun, eco-conscious and cool. Our multifunctional, high-tech formulas are built for the girl on the go who spends less time getting done up, more time getting stuff done.
- Develop and write editorial copy across all touch points and manage current copy workflow and process.
- Continues to develop/define and build on brand tone of voice with input on top line positioning.
- Work with Product Development, Marketing and Creative to develop strategic editorial concepts and ideas to run across all platforms.
- Ensure editorial concepts are implemented across channels.
- Lead product launches from an editorial perspective.
- Continuously build the MMU editorial strategic approach to messaging/communications.
- To maximize impact of the written word in conjunction with visuals across all platforms.
- 4+ years of professional experience writing and editing copy in the beauty industry.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation.
- An alignment Milk brand voice and culture - Fashion, art, music, photography.
- Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills.
- A beauty aficionado with an insatiable appetite for all things beauty related.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities in both work life.
- Experience working with designers, marketing/social strategists and producers to deliver content in all forms across any and all platforms.
- Strong experience creating and organizing workflow and content.
- Strong project management, organization and communication skills.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Eager team player who loves new challenges.
Please note this position is freelance with a 30-day trial period, with the possibility of an extension.
Please send all resumes along with three writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org