Mission of the Job
Small Girls PR seeks enthusiastic, organized, go-getter with 2+ years experience to join our growing team.
The Office Manager must have a Pepper Potts-like penchant for organization and detail along with the drive and command of the Starship Enterprise’s Captain Kirk. Making meaningful contributions to the team, maintaining a poised and calm attitude under stress, and running the office like you own it are key to this role (read: channeling a modern, badass Joan Holloway).
Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and 2+ years office support or assistant experience in a fast-paced environment.
Role Responsibilities & Outcomes
- Maintain an organized and well-run office space
- Maintain a clean & organized work space
- Maintain documentation of where everything is in office in layout & uphold this organization
- Purchase office supplies and take inventory of current supplies in order to purchase more before an item runs out
- Managing vendor relationships & coordination therein for the current SGPR headquarters and any future office spaces: Verizon, Con-Ed, National Grid, Super, Landlord, Cleaning Lady, Insurance Advocates, Health Agents, Contractors, etc. ensuring they are paid on time
- Maintain office cleaning schedule & run dishwasher daily
- Liaising with IT company for set up & maintenance of office computers, scanner, printer, and wifi
- Ideating & coordinating decor that would enhance office aesthetics or efficiencies
- Creation & organization of client binders
Responsible for finance tracking and documentation as well as providing on-site support to our remote bookkeeper
- Deposit client checks twice a week and report new checks to bookkeeper daily
- Track and report client expenses to bookkeeper
- Request and process expense reports from employees, reporting to bookkeeper twice a month
- Track receipts and categorize outflow of money on company account
- Receipt filing and organization
Assist HR lead with onboarding new employees
- Forward all inbound emails for hiring
- Prepare for new employee arrival by setting up workstations, getting keys made and purchasing business cards
- Add new employees to all of the internal systems
- Instill positivity into working environment through various means (attitude, activities)
- Take charge of employee celebrations: birthdays, anniversaries and pivotal moments with creativity and thoughtfulness
- Plan staff lunches once a month and team bonding activities once every quarter
- Contribute to client brainstorms as requested
- Purchase and send gifts to clients & connections
Liaison between Small Girls East & West
- Book travel arrangements when teams travel between coasts
- Coordinate bi-coastal team building initiatives
- Coordinate team calendar sharing and manage interoffice updates
- Serve as a teammate to SGPR NY Office Manager
Competencies — Examples Include
- Detail-oriented — Can spot a typo a mile away, diligent with formatting, double checks everything twice and never forgets or misses a deadline.
- Self-starter — You are exhilarated by the opportunity to own entire projects and assignments. You feel totally comfortable being autonomous.
- Creative — You love coming up with new and experimental ways to make the office run extra smooth and to celebrate your team members.
- Efficient — You are able to work quickly without sacrificing work quality.
- Poised — Able to remain level-headed and calm under stress.
- Adaptability —You adjust quickly to changing priorities and cope effectively with complexity and change.
Other things of particular note:
- Annual vacation, on us. Check past ones out on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/sgpretreat/
- 401(k): Better-than-matching, for 2016 Small Girls will contribute 3% of your annual salary into your retirement savings fund, whether you contribute for the year or not.
- Happy working environment: Fun & productive workplace, Non-competitive (employees are recognized for securing placements for clients outside of their direct domain & helping other hub teams), Everyone held accountable for supporting the team.
- Strong Company Culture: Group Events (massage & yoga days! themed apparel days! rock climbing excursions!) Celebrations (birthdays! accomplishments! bachelorettes! holidays!) Employees empowered to maintain & institute culture activities (everyone picks up a piece of the SGPR pie at their own interest to put their stake in making this company the best place to be a part of).
Apply by emailing HIRING@SMALLGIRLSPR.COM with LA OFFICE MANAGER in the subject line and we’ll be in touch!