Based in Los Angeles, Banjo & Matilda is a boutique, digital-only, luxury lifestyle brand, founded in Australia and renowned for its sumptuous cashmere sweaters. This is an incredible opportunity for a recent design graduate or multi-internship candidate who is ready to expand their experience and responsibilities to more tangible aspects of the fashion industry. We are searching for an all-rounder who is comfortable working in a small-team environment that has a ‘start-up’ soul, and isn’t opposed to multi-tasking. If you are keen to learn the business aspects of a fashion brand (left-brain), in addition to being a talented up-and-comer in design and production (right-brain), we are excited to meet you. You will join the business at an exciting time as it grows beyond just cashmere and into a full apparel offering.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Creative Director, acting as her assistant and right-hand person, managing her schedule and deadlines, in accordance with successfully rolling out new weekly styles to the market.
- This includes assisting with compilation of design specs/tech packs and overseeing production of designs from sketches to finished product.
- Assisting with the development of themes, colors, fabrication, and silhouettes for the upcoming deliveries as well as working with mills to develop original textures and patterns.
- Assisting with the development of presentation/mood boards and presenting lines in concept meetings.
- Assisting with raw material research, trend research, flat sketches and fashion illustration and fabric/trim research.
- Assisting with effective liaison of factories and vendors to maintain the ‘critical path’ document.
- Managing design archive and samples.
- Any administrative duties that arise in accordance with the above.
Appropriate candidates will have the following skills:
- A degree in Apparel or Fashion Design or equivalent related work experience/internships
- A thorough understanding of textile construction and knitwear techniques
- CAD experience is preferred.
- Must be a competent and happy multi-tasker.
- Knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work solo as well as in a small-team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.