Job Title: E-commerce Merchandising & Operations Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Location: NoHo, NYC
Schedule: FREELANCE – Full Time
Company Description: OuiHours, the 1st shoppable online fashion magazine dedicated to lingerie has launched. OuiHours will be elevating the world of lingerie (and stories that fall from the spine of intimates). We have a great creative team that has rallied together to bring this to life, including Bruce Weber, David LaChapelle, among many others.
Bonnie Pressman, who strategized and conceptualized the expansion of the Women’s business at Barneys New York is our Head Merchant and Alex Dulac, a Harvard MBA who has run a number of online fashion and media businesses, is our CEO. OuiHours’ Creative Director, Marc Balet, served as creative director for Andy Warhol’s Interview magazine for 11 years and has subsequently art directed campaigns for Barneys New York, Yves St. Laurent, Giorgio Armani, Karl Lagerfeld as well as in the intimate’s realm with La Perla, Nancy Ganz, Warnaco, NIKE Women.
Overview: OuiHours is looking for an E-commerce Merchandising & Operations Manager to join the team. This person will be in charge of the totality of the e-commerce merchandising and business operations. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced, quickly growing environment with numerous possibilities.
Responsibilities: The range of responsibilities and level of challenge are large and attention to detail is key to achieve immediate and long-term business goals. More specifically:
- Perform ongoing online merchandising management including: seasonal calendar, weekly inventory control, and merchandise schedule across the website.
- Onboard and manage all vendor relationships from A to Z ensuring clear communications via: email, phone and in-person visits.
- Responds to all customer inquiries via phone, e-mail, chat, and social media channels and ensures outstanding customer service to all our customers.
- Responsible for shipping and logistics for all orders ensuring these are delivered within 48 hours.
- Schedule showroom and trade show appointments for new merchandise selection.
- Responsible for new product additions including: shooting new product, creating skus, product copy descriptions and data entry.
- Assist in marketing initiatives including: newsletters, seasonal promotions and affiliates programs management.
- Perform website audits and identifies bugs to guarantee a great shopping experience.
- Manage account payable to all our partners & suppliers and keeps a monthly expenses record.
- Manage all samples requests, pick ups and drop offs.
We’re looking for a candidate with a fashion background, strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, outstanding work ethic and a natural sense of urgency. A qualified candidate will have all of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Merchandising or Business Administration with focus on retail.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in e-commerce management, operations and merchandising within the fashion industry.
- Experience with e-commerce databases such as: Magento, Shopify or Big-Commerce
- Product photography experience including shooting & retouching.
- Advanced knowledge of: Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe Photoshop & Mailchimp
- Data Entry Proficiency
All qualified candidates are welcome to apply now. Please send us your resume and cover letter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: E-commerce Merchandising & Operations Manager.