DIVISION: Product Management
TITLE: Senior Designer
REPORT TO: VP of Product Management
The Designer will lead all creative aspects of the product offering for HATCH COLLECTION. He/she will be responsible for conceptualizing and developing each season’s collection as well as other smaller capsules for the brand. This person should provide expertise in current trends in shape, color, fabric development, and sourcing as well as strong technical knowledge of fit and construction.
HATCH is based on the premise that women can invest in pieces that enable them to look and feel chic before, during, and after pregnancy. The brand is celebrated in both maternity and non-maternity markets.
Based in New York City, the company was founded in 2011 and is currently online only (www.hatchcollection.com) with strategic partnerships with Shopbop and Net-a-Porter.
- Lead all creative aspects of design- from seasonal concept and mood boards to final sample approval (wovens and knits); includes 4 collections a year as well as special product launches.
- Research shapes, color, fabrics, and details relevant to HATCH COLLECTION.
- Sketch and create techpacks for all the local factories as well as abroad development (China, Morocco, LA, Portugal, and India)
- Manage all samplemaking with the factories for development and ensure calendar dates on met.
- Source and choose fabrics- in charge of all textile development with help from VP of Product Management
- Build design boards to communicate with sales and merchandising team
- Follow calendar for sampling launches and photoshoots
- In charge of fitting from development to production
- Bachelor’s Degree, Apparel Design and/or Production Development preferred
- 4+ years of experience in Apparel Design.
- Strong understanding of garment construction and fit
- Ability to flat sketch and illustrate
- Experience working with both factories and patternmakers locally (NYC) and abroad
- Experience is raw material sourcing and development a plus
- Proficient in photoshop and illustrator
- Strong attention to detail and follow up
- Must be hands-on, self -starter, capable of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects with firm deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fluid environment.
- Personable team player with a strong desire to grow a luxury brand.
TO APPLY - Please send email firstname.lastname@example.org.