We are a multi-label press and sales agency, e-commerce and retail experience, with an emphasis on NYC and internationally-based designers. We represent Chromat, Gypsy Sport, Alas, Alpha 60, Carla Colour, Dzojchen, Eve Gravel, Kowtow, Kurt Lyle, You As, Soulland, Pleasant, Seeker, and Cirque. Check us out at http://wholesale.internationalplayground.com/
We take a holistic approach to brand management recognizing the integration of marketing and sales for successful brand growth. As an intern at International Playground, you will have an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of our business – wholesale, PR, and retail – however you will choose one sector on which to focus, and will be mentored by the director of that division.
Ideal candidates are self-motivated, natural problem solvers, interested in the business of fashion, and passionate about emerging designers and cutting edge fashion.
PR Intern Responsibilities
- Track upcoming press credits
- Maintain appearance of showroom and collections
- Assist with sample trafficking
- Assist in meetings with stylists and editors
- Assist with runway shows (both men’s and women’s NYFW)
Sales Intern Responsibilities
- Research new accounts
- Merchandise and prep collections
- Assist on sales meetings and enter orders
- Pitch new accounts
- Assist at tradeshows
- Generate monthly reports on account activity
- Manage wholesale website and update brand profiles
- Upload new product
- Help generate creative for editorials and assist with shoots
- Assist with social media marketing
- Help manage retail partnerships
- Be involved in seasonal planning and special projects
If you are interested in joining the IP team, please email Virginia@internationalplayground.com. Please include your resume, a short intro about yourself, explain why you’re interested in the position, and specify which department you are most interested in assisting. Also, please advise what days you are available and if you would be using the internship for school credit.