Michelle Stuhl & Company, Inc. is a global retained executive search firm specializing in recruiting creative and business talent for executive positions.
This Director will focus on all types of global creative work for the following: Fashion Relations, Fashion Week, Videos and Animation, Global Special Events, Artist Relations, Store Design and Environments materials, and International programs. Additional projects include all Viva Glam campaigns and MAC Aids Fund materials. This Director will also partner with the Visual Merchandising team on trend-related events, backstage lounges, pop-up events, and special events.
Candidates should possess experience preferably in fashion/beauty, have great typography skills, know Adobe Creative Suite, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. This position is located at the MAC offices in New York City.
The primary focus of this position is to partner with the Executive Director, Print in the creative development of Global Communications (PR) projects, Fashion Relations projects, Videos and animation, Fashion Week collateral, Global Special Events projects, Artist Relations materials, Store Design materials, and International programs. Additional projects include all Viva Glam campaigns, MAC Aids Fund material. The Director is also responsible for partnering with the Visual Merchandising team in the development of trend related events, backstage lounges, pops-up events, and special events. Projects are usually undertaken and completed under very tight timelines.
If interested and appropriate, please submit current resume and images of relevant projects to email@example.com.
Work with the Executive Director, Print on the development of concepts for all projects including:
• Trend Books – press material that captures, displays and summarizes MAC’s presence and participation backstage during NY, London, Milan and Paris fashion weeks
• Trend Collateral – also includes direction of videos and animation
• Work hand in hand with Fashion Relations Dept. to concept, create and manage all fashion week and special event related materials
• Attend press runs of materials to ensure accurate execution at production process centers.
• Retail programs such as Forward Fashion, MAC Technique – full branding programs, including all printed collateral and videos / animation
• Work with Visual Merchandising on the development of environmental graphics for trend related events, backstage lounges, pops up events, trend presentations and special events.
• New MAC store launch graphics
• Artist Incentive Competition materials
• Viva Glam campaigns including all print collateral
• Artwork / direction for Youtube and Facebook videos.
• Artist Relations advertising and program self promotion
• Communicate effectively the creative objectives of projects and partner with various departments (including (PR) Globe Comm, Fashion Relations, International, Retail Events, Alternative Media, and Store Design) and Colleagues including Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters and Makeup Artists
• MAC PRO: All printed collateral (ads, invitations, and brochures), online, in-store and events.
• BA or BFA preferred
• 8+ years of direct Design experience (fashion or beauty industry preferred)
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop (excellent Photoshop skills are a big plus)
• Ability to work assertively and comfortably with a variety of people in various disciplines
• Ability to direct the conversion of print to web, and have an understanding of online and social media design
• Superior Organizational and Management Skills
• Understanding of all current trends INCLUDING global fashion, beauty, design, art, music and culture
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and turn around superior creative work in extremely limited timelines
• Ability to manage, direct and inspire other designers
• Excellent typographic skills
• Knowledge and practice of fine art and/or illustration is a plus