Deadline to Apply: February 9, 2017
Desired Start Date: February 10, 2017
Duration: 3 Days
Approximate Hours Per Week: 24
Miaou Jeans began with one pair that was inspired by a high-end Paris thrift store find back in 2000. Like most ready-to-wear denim, they were made to fit the tall and narrow women who model them on the runways. Discouraged by the lack of options, vintage collector-turned-designer Alexia Elkaim experimented by tailoring a cropped cut on her close friends— they fit so well that she knew she was on to something. So she created a garment that would be as well-constructed as the French classics she found while thrifting, but with a universally modern fit. To further distinguish her pair, she thought to add the rope tie that gets woven through Miaou’s signature grommets, also acting as the perfect waist cincher. Today, the cornerstone of the brand is about embracing a woman’s natural figure, while making a promise to all who try them that they’ll do exactly that: “Miaou Jeans hug every woman the same; all shapes and sizes,” Elkaim says. “I like to think of them as jeans for girls who wear dresses, because of the feminine style.” They’re practically made for hourglass figures, and yet they’re somehow curve-enhancing for those who are less curvy. With just one garment, Miaou represents everything that Elkaim wishes the ready-to-wear market could be: versatile, flattering, and all-out sexy. Style them with a cropped top and hoop earrings or with a ruffly bohemian top and a vintage bag. Although the brand began with a single pair of jeans, Miaou will not be limited to denim. Elkaim plans to introduce a range timeless staples, building blocks of an enduring wardrobe, that will permanently remain a part of collections to come. In the brief period that brand has been on the market, the collection is already stocked in reputable retailers like Just One Eye in Los Angeles and Opening Ceremony in New York. And thanks to the numerous It girls who snagged pairs of their own, Miaou has a strong presence on social media.
Miaou is looking for Sales Associates/Interns to assist with an exclusive pop-up showroom and opening party during New York Fashion week from February 10-12, 2017.
- Prepare and manage pop-up showroom
- Set up of furniture, racks and merchandise
- Steaming, tagging and organizing of merchandise
- Maintain visual merchandising standards during showroom pop-up
- Provide and ensure excellent service to all customers
- Manage inventory and stock of products
- Assist with sales transactions and ringing up customers
- Must be available all day from February 10-12
- Assist with showroom set up and break down
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small
- Able to learn quickly and balance multiple priorities at once
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.