We are a NYC production company making videos for the worlds leading brands. As Art Director of Visual Country your day will be different each day. Any given day could involve the following type of work and clients as example: Concepting for Cliniques social channel, laying out art direction for a series of videos for Google, and the next on set for HBO determining if you like the colors, layouts and shadows, fabricating miniature props for Tommy Hilfiger.
The Art Director drives the design of our projects forward—they are in the trenches, but they also keep their eyes on the overall goal. And, of course, they have a passion for design. Because our team is small and our client list is big, you will be working with many brands and several campaigns at a time. Multi tasking is an ability that you not only should have, but it should be something you enjoy in your creative process. Reporting to our Creative Director, you will collaborate with the creative team, account team and clients to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution. An Art Director should be ready to present work to clients and represent VisualCountry at all stages of engagement. Our Art Director provides direction and leadership to everyone working on their project teams, scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently, and attend pitches and industry events as required. You will be working on big brand clients producing custom content across all digital channels. Art Directors are an integral part of the team, working closely with our production and strategy teams. Art Directors are responsible for leading the branding look and feel for these brands, presenting award-winning concepts to our clients, and owning the design process for the team.
If you love telling creative stories through digital, think very creatively and conceptually about social media, believe brands can create great conversation, and like working with bright creative teams, then this may be a great step in your career.
What We’d Like To See
- A strong background at a digital agency in an Art Director role or similar.
- Direct client interaction experience with the ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts.
- Killer design understanding with proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively and see the concept through to polished design
- Strong communication design sensibilities and an understanding of how composition, information hierarchy, color theory and typography work together to drive home a message
- 4-7 years experience at a creative agency (social media content a bonus)
- Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and copywriters—we want Art Directors who will be strong leaders while fostering team camaraderie.
- Highly conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design. Please send a portfolio link.
- Strong communication skills working with the client and design team. Art Directors need to be able to clearly and concisely express themselves and explain their ideas.
- Understanding of how web-based technologies impact design is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, hustle, hunger and an amazing attitude
Visual Country is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Check out our team videos and work at @meagancignoli or @visualcountry on Instagram.
The role of the Art Director is to conceptualize and execute
- Full project ownership from conceptual ideation to the execution of smart beautiful work
- writing concepts.
- helping decipher what goes where and scale.
- helping heighten the overall look and feel along the way.
- helping prep for campaigns such as sometimes printing, laser cutting, crafting/making things with hands or styling sets.
- overseeing art direction on several campaigns at a time.
To apply, please send your resume to Anna Gelman at email@example.com.