The Wholesale Account Manager will manage Indego Africa’s growing list of wholesale accounts and relationships. Under the supervision of Indego Africa’s Creative Director, the Wholesale Account Manager will work closely with the Brand and Marketing Manager to execute sales outreach, manage order creation and fulfillment, and oversee all customer service for new and existing clients.
This is a full-time position based in New York City. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a sales/customer relations environment (wholesale account management in related industry is a plus)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to develop and create new sales strategies for wholesale
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Interest in and understanding of artisan sector and sustainable design market
- Proficiency in or ability to learn TradeGecko, Shopify, and Quickbooks
- Team player with willingness to pitch in where needed
- Sales Outreach
- Research new stores and targets
- Work with Creative Director to set and hit monthly & yearly wholesale sales targets
- Work with Creative Director and Brand Manager to maintain updated sales materials and catalogs
- Coordinate with Brand Manager to ensure clients have all necessary imagery and marketing material to successfully promote Indego Africa’s products through their stores
- Work with Brand Manager to engage with clients, influencers, and targets on Instagram
- Order Creation & Fulfillment
- Execute fulfillment of wholesale orders (including carrying out post-production work, tagging, packing, etc.)
- Execute fulfillment of retail/e-commerce orders
- Unpack and organize shipments from Rwanda and Ghana, and maintain accurate and updated inventory records through TradeGecko
- Manage backordered inventory in relation to production in Africa
- Liaise with marketing team on all efforts to increase store base/stockist quality
- Keep records/database of pertinent shipping, packing, and tagging notes for each client
- Coordinate wholesale order invoices
- Customer Service
- Regularly communicate with wholesale buyers on all aspects of ordering, quality control, fulfillment, etc.
- Schedule studio appointments for clients as requested
- Respond to retail customer queries
- Attend trade shows, work with creative team on execution (setup, breakdown, and marketing), and manage trade show relationships
- Oversee Fulfillment Associate and intern(s) on all tasks
- Work with Creative Director on custom client orders as needed
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with (a) your resume, (b) a thoughtful cover letter, and (c) your salary history. Your name and the title of the position must be in the title of your attached documents. No phone calls please.