POSITION/JOB TITLE: Press Coordinator
DIRECT REPORT: Director of Marketing and Communications
- Manage and coordinate all press, celebrity and retail sample trafficking of collection pieces.
- Create and implement systems for reporting press results on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
RESPONSIBILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY:
Overall, responsibilities are composed of three distinct orientations: Press Coordination, Sample maintenance and archival, reporting and analysis, digital and social media support.
Daily management of collection sample trafficking, including:
- Prioritizing multiple requests for same looks and pieces, from editorial, VIP and sales requests
- Tracking shipment and return for all send-outs
- Managing data in sample trafficking system
- Press clippings and coverage management
- Inventory management including collection archives and coordinating with sales team on surplus stock
- Weekly Press and Sample reporting
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of press and sampling budget
- On-boarding and task management of press interns
- Gathering and synthesizing data for sample trafficking performance
- Act as day-to-day contact person for press requests, agency PR teams and sales partners, communicating in a concise and timely manner the availability and coordination of samples
- Maintain and grow relationship with key market editors, stylists and editorial teams
REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Ongoing upkeep of internal company database pertaining to press assets print and digital
- Creating and disseminating weekly, monthly and quarterly summaries analyzing press and celebrity dressing performance across different seasons and categories.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Serve as a role model for the internal and external teams by demonstrating respect for every person, leadership skills, by taking initiatives drive for results, working comfortably in a team, and by showing desire to learn continuously
- Acute attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organization with continued check-ins and follow-ups regarding prioritization of outstanding projects/shipments/tasks
- Possess a positive, professional and solution-minded attitude and be willing to step up to bat even for unexpected roles as needed, with a pragmatic and goal-oriented approach
- Maintain a clear vision, but also be able to enter into minutiae
- Forster an open environment by sharing ideas, soliciting feedback and ideas and active listening, encouraging the exchange of ideas and helping to reach optimal and effective conclusions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills: expressing written and verbal clearly and concisely and with active listening
Candidates should have at least two years of PR and sample trafficking experience in PR agency or fashion brand. Command in Microsoft Office necessary, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title Application: Press Coordinator.