Garrett Leight California Optical
Company: Garrett Leight California Optical
REPORTS TO: Global Communications Director
Start Date: Immediately
Customary Work Hours: 9:00am-5:30pm (must be flexible)
Customary Work Days: M-F (must be flexible)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage & maintain PR inventory including the coordination and tracking of media and VIP pulls and returns.
- Fulfill day to day global and domestic PR agency and direct press requests.
- Relay information and feedback, acting as liaison between store managers, department directors, and agencies.
- Assist with the organization, management, and execution of press and marketing events.
- Create and distribute internal and external media releases, images, and information.
- Contribute to Spectacle Magazine and assist with identification and fulfillment of new Spectacle distribution channels.
- Prepare internal and external PR newsletters.
- Organize and archive global editorial and all associated reporting.
- Maintain master contacts and PR calendar database
- Assist the Global Communications Director on day-to-day administrative tasks including expense reports, travel planning, scheduling, budgeting, etc.
- A. Technical training or skills: Proficiency in English. Computer proficient including Excel and Word programs, Photoshop or similar, and Fashion GPS preferred. Ability to compose professional business letters/correspondence and press releases.
- B. Professional training or knowledge: Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) a prerequisite.
- C. Work Experience: 0-3 years in the PR/fashion industry.
- D. License Required: NONE
- E. General Education or equivalent: University/College degree
- F. Physical Demands: Minimal. Individual must be able to speak clearly and understandably; hear communications by telephone and in person; sit for prolonged periods. Have the ability to travel and be physically able to work in different time zones.
- G. Required behaviors (in order of decreasing priority):
- Attention to Detail. Carries out procedures to ensure that work completed is error free.
- Organization. Keeps on schedule. Performs work in a fashion that others can pick up where left off.
- Initiative. Self-starting. Typically goes beyond what is normally expected.
- Tolerance for Stress. Performs well under time or workload pressure, difficulty with or opposition from co-workers or supervisors. Tolerance of multiple, possibly conflicting, demands.
- Adaptability. Is effective in varying environments and with varying tasks and responsibilities. Quickly adjust to new situations.
- Resourcefulness. Ability to research information relevant to enhancing functionality of the department and/or related projects.
- Ability to Learn. Learn and apply new job related information without routine training.
- Planning. Sets a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal.
- Practicality. Applies information available in a sensible way to function in the job.
- Questioning. Ability and willingness to orally seek out information in order to make a more effective presentation.
- Resilience. Handles disappointment and/or rejection while maintaining effectiveness.
- Tenacity. Stays with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity. Can wait for vital information. Copes with unresolved situations.
- Team building. Can create a team or work effectively in a team.
- Organizational awareness. Understands the effect and implications of decisions on other components of the organization.
- Oral communication skills to represent company successfully and clearly to public.
- Cooperation with public and department members.
- Sensitivity to others.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.