Linder is a luxury Menswear and Womenswear brand that houses its own in house RTW label based in NYC.
- Lead and be responsible for the design and development process from initial technical sketch to tech-pack creation until SMS; working with head designers and development to ensure tech packs and sample approvals are in line with the design brief and reflective of the brand’s aesthetic
- Sourcing Yarns/trims and developing new stitch techniques and finishes coherently integrated with the rest of the collection.
- Attend and advise in prototype fitting sessions and to adjust the design based on the feedback received
- Travel and/or communicate with factories to launch new developments and ensure all comments are understood and issues resolved to meet delivery deadlines;
- Attend PPS meetings to sign off styles for production.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the factories.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong knitwear technical knowledge across women’s and menswear.
- 5+ years’ experience in knitwear design.
- Strong research, concept and creative skills.
- Adaptable and flexible to be able to meet the changing demands of the business.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent Time management skills
- Proficient Photoshop + Illustrator Skills
- Experience of working for a luxury brand in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with factories internationally and domestically
- Full understanding of both contemporary and luxury market.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Freelance Knitwear Designer.