Linder is a luxury Menswear and Womenswear brand that houses its own in house RTW label based in NYC.
Looking for a multifaceted assistant with abilities in both design and development. Applicant must be adaptable, with a team mentality and a deep interest in the development and design side of the fashion business.
General assistance with all design functions including but not limited to the following:
- Helping to develop elements of new collection
- Helping to create technical sketches, tech packs and bill of materials.
- Organizing meetings/appointments/calendar/fittings for associate designer and maintaining schedules/documents
- Assisting the associate designer/ development with any daily tasks
- Running errands
- Working with various vendors and factories in garment district to execute sampling
- Excellent organization skills
- Self starter
- Positive Attitude
- Sense of urgency
- AI Proficient
- Photoshop Proficient
- ID Proficient
- Excel Proficient
- Basic sewing/ draping
- Basic flat patternmaking
- Knowledge of fabrics/ trims/ grading and marking
- Comfortable with NYC area and garment center
- Prior experience is preferred but not necessary
- Design or production course of study at fashion specific university is preferred
We are looking for a team member who can manage these tasks and exercise initiative with regard to all personnel involved in development. A tough and can-do attitude is required.
To Apply: Please send your resume to Laura Sestito at Laura@linder.nyc, subject line Assistant Designer.