mml pr is seeking an Assistant Publicist with at least 1 year of relevant agency experience to handle day-to-day press initiatives for all designated mml pr clients (fashion and lifestyle).
Duties includes (but not limited to):
- Assisting Account Director and Account Manager with any and all client related duties/tasks
- Creating pitches and assist in securing print, online and broadcast placements for clients
- Writing press releases
- Monthly and weekly client reports including, edit/credit report, weekly/monthly summation, inventories and public relations calendar
- Taking notes during conference calls and arranging conference calls
- Putting together and managing client databases
- Costing out and helping to execute client mailings
- Fielding all press/sample requests for clients
- Communicating any and all related initiatives with client on a day-to-day basis -- as directed
- Booking client related travel
- Tracking expenses and supporting publicist on budgets
- Keeping press kit materials current and updated
- Carry out any and all pr related initiatives deemed appropriate by president of mml and or Publicist
- Hours 8:30am to 6:00pm daily
- Longer hours required based on work load and client events
- At least 1 year relevant agency experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by experience pitching and writing press releases
- Possess press contacts and the ability to actively create and maintain great industry contacts
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Must be proficient in computer applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Cision experience preferred.
- Location: Santa Monica, CA
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org