About This Opportunity
We're looking for a visionary media strategist who also can play the role of broad based marketer. A left brain/right brain professional where conceptual and creative thinking meets technology and data. A track record of innovation and results is key. In this role you will be responsible for partnering with brand and creative teams to develop total campaigns, and also responsible for detailed media strategy and amplification. You should understand and lead with guest insights, be able to develop compelling strategies across the guest journey, build highly innovative media plans that deliver on objectives, execute effortlessly, lean into data, embrace technology and build teams. You should understand culture and ideally have multicultural marketing experience. In addition to the specific media responsibility, there will be opportunity for thought leadership across the department. Bringing vision and a keen pulse on where marketing and media is heading will be key. You will need to be bold, innovative, strong willed (but not stubborn) and have a sense of humor. And of course, passion and experience across all media and an endless thirst to learn more every day.
- Deliver contemporary media communication plans, steward activation and produce results.
- Lead and coach a talented team to deliver an orchestrated guest journey.
- Provide vision to the broader team on marketing through a media lens.
- Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and work. As a Director of Media Strategy, you'll take the lead as you...
- Work closely with Target brand and creative teams as well as media agency in the creation of innovative communication strategies and plans
- Lead teams both internal and external to surface innovation opportunities and deliver comprehensive media plans across all channels Coach your team and contribute to their career growth
- Apply critical thinking and strategic frameworks to drive the work
- Be an expert and always learning about Target guest and consumer behaviors, media consumption patterns and emerging trends in the media world
- Work with measurement team to evaluate media performance, optimize in campaign and mine for future learnings
- Proven ability to build relationships across disciplines and with media and creative agencies
- Demonstrate leadership by identifying trends, opportunities, issues and best practices and integrating learning into work
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 12+ years related experience in media strategy/planning
- Multicultural media and/or marketing experience
- Experience leading the media strategy of big brands and across all media types
- 6+ years successfully leading and coaching people
- Visionary and expert in media field, across all media
- Strong grasp of ad tech, measurement, data and creative
- Compelling strategic orientation
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent influence and communication skills, including significant experience presenting to senior leadership