An advertising agency co-founded in June 2015 by Erin Kleinberg & Stacie Brockman. Métier Creative specializes in launching new brands, as well as re-branding and elevating existing brands.
We like to think of Métier as this cool tour guide for luxury fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands to help them transition traditional advertising into the social space. We connect the dots between digital and social properties, along with external brand-right partners. We interpret the big picture and positioning as it relates to what’s culturally relevant right now. We understand how to connect with relevant millennial audiences, because, well, we are them. We are the generation of glued-to-our-phones women tagging our friends in that dope meme we saw in our feeds. Our agency’s métier is building cult-status brands with meaningful messaging that makes you say, “That’s so me!” And, let’s be real, that’s pretty much the best litmus test there is nowadays.
We intimately understand the relationship of influencers and brands because once upon a time, we were them. Our experiences on both sides of the marketing spectrum as influencers (we were the OGs in building the fashion website, The Coveteur) and as brands, gives us an unparalleled perspective to mediate both sides of the equation at all times.
Our client list includes: Dior, Estée Edit, Tiffany & Co., Moda Operandi, Stuart Weitzman, Miami Design District, OUAI, Hudson Jeans, JBRAND & more.
A well-versed Sales Director with strong advertising agency background rooted in sales and procurement of new business. You have an innate understanding of how to meet objectives, hit sales goals and generally have a savvy, optimistic, solution-oriented approach to everything. You have a passion for social media, digital influencers, fashion, beauty and lifestyle. You have a natural ability to truly sell and being a leader to mentor a team internally. You must have an innate ability to multi-task and adapt to the rapidly changing environment of a start-up. You are eager, motivated, driven and confident in your skills. You are a self-starter, but you’re a also a team player. You demonstrate impeccable attention to detail, while managing a plethora of New Biz deals simultaneously and motivating your team around you.
Working closely with the co-founders/Director of Client Services, you will actively pitch new clients, field all incoming new biz opportunities and try to identify holes in the market that Métier can help fill for brands. You will liaise between the client and Métier’s internal team to constantly be updated with the teams projects and happenings as to successfully sell in the spirit of Métier to potential and returning clients. You will heavily guide Sales Planning along with Founders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing all aspects of new client relationships day-to-day, including actively pitching meetings, quarterly check-ins, fielding financial questions, managing their expectations when we are required to go OOS, etc.
- Determine annual gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new clients.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Creating decks (incl. skeleton, slide organization, art direction, copy writing, strategy, etc.) for new business pitches, client project proposals, production, casting, ideation, etc. Working with the Art Director/Designer to bring deck to life creatively and provide feedback for revisions.
- Lead and manage status reports, post-call recaps and pre-call agenda meetings for all new biz pitches
- Research and stay abreast of industry and competitive trends in the luxury marketplace
- Demonstrate highest level of customer service; convey a polished and professional demeanor with clients during day-to-day calls, in-person meetings, on-site production and events, etc.
- Ensure that the financial aspects of the programs/account(s) are managed according to agency procedures, SOW, etc. and liaising with the clients on any out-of-scope requests
- Provide luxury category expertise and leadership in guiding internal teams across the agency to meet client goals ensuring that brand strategy and objectives are being met
- Implementing best practices for strong infrastructure and processes to improve company culture and work flow
- Work closely with our Account Directors to understand all current Client work and flow, successes and weaknesses of the Agency, what is working/what is not, and identify how to optimize our skills for clients and understand how MC can service clients best
- Stay abreast of the ever-evolving digital behaviors and trends
- Provide insight and awareness of competitive agencies, identifying areas where Métier can continue to carve out its niche
- Motivate and manage a team of sales planners, fostering a collaborative management style
- Mentor and groom the team by leading by example, empowering appropriately, and holding people accountable
- Ensure that professional standards are met and maintained for all client relations, adhering to current company culture and protocols at all times
- Maintain national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Sales Director Skills and Qualifications:
Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, Staffing
- Partner closely with Account Management + Creative Departments to be aware of the accounts and execution of projects, including but not limited to:
• SOW Development, including pitching, proposal deck development, etc.
• Coordinating with Legal and Finance Departments to ensure compliance
• Monitoring and reporting competitive brand information
• Working with the Co-Founders & Internal Team to generate innovative campaign ideas
• Spearheading creative brainstorms to generate impactful content and activations rooted in strategic objectives
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ year work experience in sales at an advertising agency
- In-house brand experience
- Strong time management/organizational skills with ability to prioritize/work with minimum supervision
- Proficient on a MAC computer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically with presenting
Please e-mail your CV along with a link or PDF of your portfolio and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.