P.F. Candle Co. is an indie candle brand based in Los Angeles, CA. We make all of our products in house, and offer competitive pricing and amazing service.
In addition to our production in house, we also do all of our own sales and marketing. We are looking for a Sales & Marketing Manager to join our team in a new, expanded position. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing creative team, and really make an impact. Our ideal candidate is a big picture thinker, with excellent people and project management skills and a mind for analytics.
Our Sales & Marketing Manager will oversee and further Business Development for our company. This position will acquire and maintain customer relationships. From our e-commerce customers to our larger distributors, this position oversees all aspects of product awareness and distribution. If you’re obsessed with business development, sales strategies, and authentic brand connection, this is the position for you!
The Sales & Marketing Manager leads our Sales and Marketing teams, currently consisting of six people. You will also work directly with the owners (our Creative Director and Operations Director).
As our Sales & Marketing Manager, you make sure our business goals are strategized with our teams. You will represent our brand in-house, as well as at trade and market shows and promotional opportunities. You will offer quarterly and annual forecasting and work with our teams to make these goals come to fruition. You will oversee our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure that all projects and goals are being hit in a timely manner. You’ll implement new strategies to connect with our customers, and ensure they’re receiving the best possible service.
We’ve had three rapid years of growth and are looking to continue that trend. This position encompasses product development, market positioning, account maintenance, and sales techniques.
If you’re passionate about having your impact felt at a boot-strapped and family-owned company, apply now!
- Manages our team of 6 sales and marketing leads and coordinators. Conducts proper training and performance evaluations, as well as offer coaching and support for their goals
- Coordinates with Production and Logistics departments to ensure smooth cross-departmental communication
- Directs product research and works with Creative Director and Operations Director on product development
- Prepares proposals for expansion and potential sale/market streams
- Identify and develop customer acquisition strategies
- Monitor competitor product and markets
- Field work, such as trade shows, B2C markets, promotional opportunities, and store visits
- Overseeing advertising and social media marketing strategies
- Provide analytics and reports for sales and marketing KPI
- Overseeing brand collaborations
- Providing support to executive staff as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of sales/marketing experience
- 1-2 years leadership position experience
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and CRM software
- Proficiency in Office Suite and/or Mac equivalent, Google Analytics, and Google Apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Familiarity with online ad suite (Facebook, Adwords, Adroll, Etc.)
- An ideal candidate will possess knowledge of B2B and B2C/ecommerce sales, preferably in a related field of home décor or product manufacturing.
Fully subsidized Kaiser healthcare, sick and vacation pay, LA Metro annual pass, access to Dodger’s tickets, and of course, free candles!
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Job Inquiry: Sales & Marketing Manager”. Please include your cover letter in the body of your email – 500 words or less. In your cover letter, please and tell us about yourself and why you think you’d be a great fit for this position. Links to social media accounts are welcome.