Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Digital Strategist to join it’s growing Digital division in the agency’s New York office. Purple has offices globally in London, New York and Los Angeles. The ideal candidate will have a grasp on best practices and trends in social media marketing, thrive on creativity, and understand how to both grow and convert a digital audience. This position sits within the Digital department but works across Fashion, Lifestyle and Beauty clients within the agency. The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the digital marketing and social media landscapes. The candidate will be results-driven and have a proven track record in successfully implementing a digital strategy, while also demonstrating a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas.
The right candidate will hard-working and proactive, and will have a proven track record in social media strategy across community management, content creation, promotions and online blogger/influencer campaigns. They will also be an articulate presenter, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
- Day-to-day supervision and execution of client campaigns including (and not limited to) social media campaigns, activations, social media community management, content creation, social media promotions, partnerships, blogger and influencer outreach initiatives, and analytics
- Support account leads and help develop and manage initiatives in the digital space, including: strategy, planning & implementation of new launches, collaborations and events
- Monitor and benchmark social media activities of other competing brands
- Identify and track emerging trends, initiatives, and vendors in the digital space and develop relevant client applications
- Develop social media content to be deployed across brand-owned social media communities
- Analyze outcomes and create reports summarizing results
- Maintain and establish industry contacts with digital influencers and bloggers across the beauty, lifestyle and fashion sectors
- Manage interns; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
- Assist in driving, organizing and executing digital PR programs in North America & Global projects
- Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- B.S./B.A. degree required
- 1-2 years of digital and social media marketing experience with established agency or similar role for in-house marketing department; preferably within the beauty sector
- Must possess superior understanding of existing social media landscape including new and innovative tools, platforms, vendors, and technologies
- Direct experience working with social media campaigns, promotions management and reporting
- Self-starter approach toward work with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
- Must have strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize within a multi-tasking environment.
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience with Social Media Platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, Blogs, Wordpress etc.)
- Must be flexible and take direction well.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects in a timely manner; time and task management.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify opportunities and help craft brand strategy across a multitude of luxury brands.
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – Powerpoint and Photoshop experience preferred
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
- Experience in Social Media
- InDesign, Photoshop, and other digital design skills a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or related field preferred.
- An incredibly fast learner.
- Experience working within an agency a plus.
- Established influencer/blogger relationships a plus
- SEM, SEO, Google Analytics, and AdWords PPC Management a plus.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.