Hutch is an interior design digital media and e-commerce company that is re-imagining how to conceptualize home decor.
We are currently looking for a Head of Content to oversee our editorial team. Top candidates will have a talent for spotting timely home decor ideas and turning them into witty articles that inform, engage and entertain. They have top-notch writing, editing and leadership abilities, a deep well of story ideas, and a strong sense of reader service. They love the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture of a digital lifestyle, interaction with a creative online community, and being part of a fun and productive team.
As the Head of Content, you'll oversee the day-to-day production and maintenance of all editorial content for the online magazine. This role is crucial to shaping the voice and identity of the Hutch brand.
- Build and oversee content team
- Review and edit all editorial content
- Create and maintain editorial calendar; lead daily, weekly, and monthly content planning
- Keep a sharp eye on the performance of all editorial content, audience growth and engagement; using data to inform future content decisions and strategy
- Coach writers, working with them to evaluate and edit their stories for logic, flow and reader service
- Pinpoint trending topics to use as inspiration for smart, creative, unexpected content
- Write and produce monthly newsletter from the CEO
Requirements & preferences for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism/English/Communications or equivalent
- 5+ years experience in writing, editing and curating content in the digital lifestyle space
- Experience with setting content strategy and leading a junior team (2+ years management experience preferred)
- A track record of writing witty, unique, quality stories that go viral
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar and logical story construction
- An eye for strong design photography
- A talent for staying ahead of trends & adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- A healthy obsession with social and digital media; knowledge of effective online content distribution methods
- Skilled at refining and executing stories that resonate with a millennial audience
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A roll-up-your-sleeves, get-it-done attitude and friendly, outgoing personality
- Highly creative and conceptual, with a portfolio of editorial and/or copywriting samples to share
To Apply: Please send your resume to Alex@hutch.com.