M. Martin is a Women’s Ready To Wear brand that launched in 2014 by Jennifer Noyes and Alex Gilbert Gains. We are currently looking for an experienced, bright and enthusiastic design intern for Summer 2017.
M. Martin is looking for a bright, enthusiastic design intern to assist part time this Summer. Candidates will receive guidance to further understand the design and development processes, as well as business operations skills and knowledge working alongside a team of passionate, dynamic individuals. The internship will be a great opportunity for anyone looking to expand his or her knowledge of how a fashion label operates- especially from a design and development perspective. Since we are a small team, there will be opportunities to contribute to and assist every team/department within the company. We are searching for someone who is self-motivated, able to multi-task, efficient, and organized! Specifically, the intern will be working closely with the Pre Spring 2018 and Spring/Summer 2018 lines.
- Trend research, organizing mood boards / concept boards.
- Assembling, organizing and updating design and trim boards.
- Working closely with the designers and attending design meetings and fittings.
- Assisting the design team.
- Working closely with development samples, measuring and updating design tech packs accordingly.
- Assisting with updating technical flats / hand sketching (if applicable).
- Organizing fabric headers and trims.
- Assisting with special design collaborations and new projects.
- Communicating with factories and vendors as needed.
Job Type: Internship (Unpaid, lunch & transportation compensated)
Please send in your resume to and a short description on how you think can contribute to our team to Fernanda at email@example.com. Also, please let us know your potential availability/schedule for the semester and if credit is needed.