Boutique PR agency, Purple is looking for a bright and enthusiastic person to join its Los Angeles lifestyle team, working across an expanding roster of exciting design, architecture, art, product, and travel brands.
The right candidate will be a creative thinker and cultural enthusiast with approximately 5 years of PR experience, an existing network of relevant media relationships, and a proven track record of securing broad editorial coverage across a variety of channels.
The successful candidate should be results driven, self-motivated, and proactive. He/she will also be an articulate and confident presenter, possess excellent writing and editing skills, and be competent at research, media analysis, and reporting. He/she will have a meticulous attention to detail and will be conscientious, responsible, and hardworking.
- Strategy/planning/implementation of press launches, press trips, and events
- Liaising with clients and press to support all needs, including monthly coverage reports, pitch activity updates, and ad hoc requests
- Consistently and proactively pitching in order to securing maximum editorial coverage, including creatively establishing new angles to maintain press interest in existing campaigns as well as creating ‘buzz’ around product launches, events, or news items
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships with media across all channels via regular communication and press appointments
- Writing press releases, assisting with budget management, and managing events, including management of invitations and RSVPs
- Overseeing department interns as necessary
- General management of the press office
Skills and qualities required:
- Established network of Los Angeles press and influencer contacts
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape, including a strong understanding of relevant digital and social media platforms
- Ability to think creatively and “connect the dots” in order to maximize relevant coverage
- Ability to communicate clearly, articulately, and engagingly about a variety of clients and areas both verbally and in writing; ability to tailor outgoing pitches based on editor/media outlet focus
- Hard-working, proactive, and capable; must be able to work well within a small team, shift gears quickly, and wear many hats
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of client demands and schedules
- Excellent and thorough understanding of the media industry and the changing role of PR
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as industry-specific software tools
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to jobsNY@purplepr.com
Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including beauty, fashion, lifestyle, hospitality, and music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation—offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset. Founded in London in 1998, Purple now has offices in London, New York City and Los Angeles. The agency’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, cultural partnerships and programming, product placement, and high profile event management.
For more information please visit www.purplepr.com