POSITION/JOB TITLE: Assistant Designer
DIRECT REPORT: Senior Designer
The Assistant Designer’s role is to support and assist the Creative Director and Senior Design team in any and all projects relating to the RTW collection, or special projects.
Overall responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Assisting in the thematic research, design, development and execution of the RTW collection.
- Assisting to refine seasonal concept, materials, hardware and color palette.
- Hand sketching, seasonal preparation and execution of all digital files for color-ups and digital placements.
- Assisting in any and all technical packages for suppliers and/or product development teams that will include, but are not limited to: detailed garment specs, finishing sketches, technical instructions, mockups, placement instructions, color charts, etc.
The Assistant Designer is always anticipating the next step and searching for ways to work better, faster and smarter.
- Ability to work in a timely manner, in adherence with deadlines set by Creative Director and Sr. Design team in accordance with the seasonal schedules.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for quick turn-around of sketch color-up options for placements on digital bodies, as instructed by Creative Director/Sr. Designer team.
- Ability to solve problems proactively
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Serve as a role model for the internal and external teams by demonstrating respect for every person, leadership skills, by taking initiatives drive for results, working comfortably in a team, and by showing desire to learn continuously
- Acute attention to detail
- Self-motivated and organization with continued check-ins and follow-ups regarding prioritization of outstanding projects/shipments/tasks
- Possess a positive, professional and solution-minded attitude and be willing to step up to bat even for unexpected roles as needed, with a pragmatic and goal-oriented approach
- Maintain a clear vision, but also be able to enter into minutiae
- Forster an open environment by sharing ideas, soliciting feedback and ideas and active listening, encouraging the exchange of ideas and helping to reach optimal and effective conclusions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills: expressing written and verbal clearly and concisely and with active listening
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in fashion design or equivalent is preferred.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title Application: Assistant Designer.