POSITION: Assistant Editor
STATUS: Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Editor
LOCATION: New York
APPLICATION: Please input job title, Assistant Editor with reference number DFS117161:
To generate and curate the content of our marketing activities (online and offline) reflecting the DFS brand positioning to become the preferred luxury shopping destination for the world traveler.
- (30%) Generate valuable, engaging content (online and offline) for our consumers (focus today: China; Japan) in terms of:
- Destination / travel
- Brands (across all categories: fashion, beauty, watches & jewelry, wines & spirits, food & gifts)
- (25%) Produce user-focused content concepts that are multifaceted and incorporate all elements of a great consumer experience (visual and tonality) across all platforms: from digital content to printed content (website, emails, printed material, social media etc.). Maintain a strong editorial tone reflecting the company philosophy and brand positioning in cooperation with the respective design team and copywriter; and communicate externally.
- (25%) Oversee global social media channels (Facebook and Instagram) including content creation and execution, social listening, media buying and reporting.
- (10%) Coordinate content generation with key influencers, subject matter experts, brand ambassadors and bloggers. Liaising with talent, transcribing and executing editorial.
- (5%) Liaise with New York and Hong Kong content and design teams to ensure that the editorial concept is implemented as envisioned. Act as a service department for all marketing center of excellences: CRM, Digital Marketing, Retail Marketing, Category Marketing, PR & Events.
- (5%) Support Senior Editor and editorial team with miscellaneous communication initiatives, proofreading, fact checking and formatting.
- Creative: Develop ideas and editorial content that resonate with the world traveling luxury consumer and support sales.
- Result-oriented: Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Service mentality.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Implement an editorial process as part of the creative process.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Customer focus: Evaluate customer feedback and adapt accordingly: implement a “test and learn” culture to engage with the consumers.
- Be proficient in digital / social media trends.
- Proven experience ideally in a magazine / e-commerce background in the luxury industry.
- At least 5 years of editorial experience in a fashion-related industry.
- Experience in working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Bachelor’s university degree or equivalent.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.