We are a small, entrepreneurial fashion business management agency that helps launch and manage emerging fashion and accessory brands.
We are looking for a strong technical designer/ production associate to do the following for our firm's clients:
- Responsible for overseeing technical design, product development and production
- Creating and updating techpacks and flat sketches in Illustrator and Excel
- Creating seasonal linesheets for sales and calculating costs and yields for each style
- Communicating daily with domestic and overseas factories to ensure timely deliveries and quality product
- Communicating and negotiating with mills and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of fabrics and trims and the best possible prices
- Help with sourcing new factories, mills and trim suppliers
- Creating and updating spreadsheets that track all essential information for all styles
- Quality control of all merchandise
Our ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- A bachelors degree from a United States apparel design program
- Technical design experience
- An understanding of garment construction, specs, and tech packs
- Extremely organized, self-motivated and able to multi-task
- A minimum of 2 yrs technical design or production experience with apparel production
- Both domestic and overseas production experience a big plus
- Experience with costing
- Experience with quality control
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with better contemporary or designer level brands a plus
We offer a fun, dynamic and challenging environment with great clients and a very insider view of the industry. For the right candidate, this position is an amazing opportunity to learn and work in an industry you love.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.