Interested in joining one of the fastest-growing, industry-leading natural skincare brands in the world? We are seeking a pro-active high energy passionate PR Manager to join our fast-paced dynamic team. Today Tata Harper is considered the pioneer and #1 brand in the luxury, high-performance natural skincare market. This individual will play a critical role in supporting and executing all press related activations and events. This role is based in New York, NY but will involve quite a bit of national and potentially international travel.
About Tata Harper: Tata Harper Skincare is a 100% natural, nontoxic, high-performance luxury skincare brand based in the Champlain Valley of Vermont. Our products are sold online and in stores across North America, including Sephora, department stores such as Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, as well as select e-commerce sites such as Net-A-Porter and Violet Grey. We are also rapidly expanding globally with distribution in Europe and Asia.
Tata, a Colombian entrepreneur, founded the company on the idea that women no longer need to sacrifice their health to look and feel beautiful: each product in the line is formulated to deliver real, visible age-defying results without a single drop of synthetic or toxic chemicals. Her proprietary, handcrafted formulas are powered by the world's most advanced natural skincare technology and include ingredients from all over the world, as well as fresh herbs and botanicals grown on her own Vermont farm.
- Own and drive relationship with PR Agency in all aspects, including overseeing macro PR strategy and planning and executing on all PR events and activations.
- Keep PR agency up to speed on the latest product launch calendar and coordinating launch events. Manage all weekly calls and recaps and keep deliverables on time from both the brand side and agency side.
- Manage and support agency with influencer/VIP rolodex
- Develop, write, and distribute press dossier including brand and product press releases, product launch brief, visual/video assets for all product and campaign launches.
- Cultivate and maintain media relationships with key media, print and digital, in order to successfully plan, pitch, and secure editorial placements.
- Proactively seek opportunities to generate press coverage for the Tata Harper brand on both the national and international level.
- Reactively respond to press inquiries and opportunities via the agency or direct inquiries and assess their feasibility and impact on sales.
- Support Creative Director on special projects, brand partnerships and collaborations.
- Facilitate all product and comp requests from PR Agency, makeup artists, editors, VIPS, etc…
- Liaise with brand marketing, D2C, and wholesale teams on a bi weekly basis to coordinate/evaluate upcoming program focuess.
- Lead planning and execution of PR and brand events, including post-event recap and evaluation.
- Manage speaking engagement vetting and all PAs including script writing.
- Upkeep product request/send out log.
- Maintain and manage PR budget.
- Consistently monitor and report on competitor activities.
Skills / Abilities:
- Self-Starter: Able to manage multiple projects at one time while under tight timelines in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Luxury Inclined: Do you appreciate the finer things in life? We do too and we want to make sure whoever joins our team has that same appreciation.
- Embraces Change: As the business grows we are constantly re-evaluating every part of our business model and the way we work. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate operational excellence AND flexibility in a dynamic and ever-evolving business environment.
- Opinionated and Open: The environment is collaborative and inclusive. We want someone who isn’t afraid to speak their mind and always asks the why or why not.
- Passion for Beauty: We will be talking beauty all day every day so we want someone who speaks our language and shares our obsession.
- Cross Functional Collaborator: While we are a small team we have lots of people and personalities to coordinate. We need someone who is an excellent collaborator and influencer.
- Highly Organized & Detail Focused with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creatively Inclined: Agency or creative backgrounds not required, but definitely a plus!
Education / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications.
- 3-5+ years agency or in house press experience preferably at a luxury and/or beauty company
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.