Co is a luxury womenswear brand based in Los Angeles, CA. Founded in 2011 by filmmakers Stephanie Danan and Justin Kern, the brand is now carried by over 100 retailers worldwide including Barneys NY, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, and Net-a-Porter.
Co currently has a full-time Assistant Designer opportunity at our studio in Downtown Los Angeles. The position would report directly to our Head of Design and would support every aspect of the design process from concept through final collection.
- Assist in research, design, development, and execution of collection
- Anticipate all support needed to Head of Design
- Assist in design and digitally sketch development for each collection
- Communicate with overseas partners (manufacturers/fabric mills)
- Able to work on a timeline to meet deadlines
- Complete knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent ability with technical drawing
- Ability to solve problems, think ahead, and think outside of the box
- Understand what is needed for each season and ability to multitask
- Understand all aspects of garment construction for both wovens and knits
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in and knowledge of shoes and accessories
- Extremely organized
- Degree in Fashion Design with at least 1 year experience.
- Design portfolio
To be considered, email a resume, cover letter, and design portfolio (preferably as a link) to email@example.com .
Co is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.