Location: New York
Supervisor: Creative Director
Type: Full Time
RTW Designer for women’s luxury designer label solely produced in the US. Price point and market positioning are luxury designer.
* Lead the creative and conceptual process with Creative Director Lisa Marie Fernandez. * Create fresh, innovative original designs, concepts, techniques, applications and ideas. * Develop product that is on the fore-front of trends and market demands to drive the business. * Produce an informed and balanced range with luxury, ready to wear details encapsulating the Lisa Marie Fernandez aesthetic.
Position responsibilities include:
- Develop collections by presenting inspiration, strong designs, color palette, and seasonal concepts that reflect the brand integrity and aesthetic of the LMF Woman.
- Research with guidance from the Creative Director, and present relevant womenswear trends and inspiration with a knowledge of fashion history, materials and color trends.
- Oversee the design development processes; ensuring efficiency and creative flow. Execute and complete the technical design process of preparing spec packages for factories including technical spec, construction details, illustration, materials, trims and hardware specs with detail and specificity.
- Work with production and the Creative Director to ensure garment look and fit by managing fit sessions; guarantee a high standard of workmanship by making sure Fit Comments are written correctly and sent on a timely basis.
- Identify key points of the design cycle by working with the Creative Director based on objectives, evolving design needs, and moving business targets.
- Ensure processes move forward and are executed on budget and on schedule, while maintaining the mandatory level of quality through every step of the process.
- Manage the day-to-day business and core production team to ensure objectives are met.
- Have and source strong relationships with all vendors - factories, mills, etc.
- Manage seasonal line sheets, certifying all data is accurate and complete in time for selling.
- Communicate season performance of the collection to plan for future product assortment to increase profitability.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The company is in an accelerated growth state. MUST HAVE proven design experience within the luxury market. The ideal candidate will possess a blend of high concept, out-of-the-box creative thinking, have a passion for design, combined with proven ‘hands-on’ ‘know how’ and understanding within the luxury space. Salary on application and dependent on experience.
This position is for someone highly creative, organized, hard-working, meticulously detail oriented and who possesses the below:
- Designer with at least 3 years of experience.
- Strong hand sketching abilities.
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator skills and technical drawing.
- Experience in prioritising and delegating work.
- Works well under pressure.
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize workload.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and is resilient.
- Must know how to research and develop exclusive fabrics and prints.
- Ability to create detailed mock ups using Photoshop and illustrator.
- In depth knowledge of the North American market and competitors, in addition to experience with US and Italian production mills.
- Advanced sales, business development and negotiation skills - vital in meeting with mills to source seasonal fabric/trims and help set seasonal colors, fabric and trim direction.
- Efficiency in delegating tasks, managing production team and mills, ensuring workload is being handled efficiently and finding solutions.
- Solid analytical skills when processing varied data from different sources.
- Strong product presentation and visual merchandising skills.
- Good knowledge of Zedonk, Joor, Excel, etc and ability to learn new systems.
Send CV and References to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Marie Fernandez is a leading luxury lifestyle brand. Directional, impeccable and functional, Lisa Marie Fernandez designs are sold worldwide in over 30+ countries.