The Assistant Buyer will manage the P.O. process – from placement through delivery – for all new products and will act as a liaison between vendors and internal teams to ensure the timely delivery of goods and accurate delivery dates. Role reports to the Director of Planning and will work in parallel with the Merchandising, Marketing, Creative and Design teams.
- Place all merchandise orders (including sample orders) directly with vendors.
- Work closely with Marketing and Creative teams to ensure that all PR / marketing and photo sample needs are met and delivered on time.
- Communicate delivery dates for all new products and collaborate with Marketing and Merchandising teams to determine target launch dates.
- Oversee the preparation and shipment of all new product from vendor to warehouse, HQ and retail locations.
- Take ownership of creating new product in product management databases and ensure accuracy of all information for both new product and existing products. (Includes Quickbooks, Flexport, Stitch, and WMS.)
- Maintain on-order document and update with any shipment changes, cost changes, etc.
- Manage cost changes across all databases and update cost sheets on a monthly basis.
- Be responsible for the accuracy of all SKU information across multiple locations including Quickbooks, Flexport, Stitch and WMS.
- Communicate daily with vendors to ensure that all orders are shipped on time.
- Work closely with freight forwarding partner to ensure all shipments are delivered on time.
- Create weekly allocations to retail stores and ensure accurate assortment and stock levels across all store locations.
- Troubleshoot shipping and receiving issues for all retail locations and act as a liaison between stores and distribution center.
- Create ad hoc assortment allocations for events, pop-ups, etc. as needed.
- Highly organized and able to multitask within a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment.
- Able to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a wide variety of responsibilities and collaborate cross-functionally with several internal teams.
- Flawless attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets required.
- 1-2 years of buying, planning or allocation experience in the retail industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion merchandising, apparel/textile preferred.
- Experience in the apparel and/or home textiles industry preferred.
- Experience supporting a department or team in an administrative capacity preferred.
- Report to office headquarters in Venice Beach, CA.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Free Bedding for a great night’s sleep
- Kitchen stocked with gourmet and organic food
Please send resume to email@example.com with “ASSISTANT BUYER” in subject line.
Parachute makes modern Bedding and Bath essentials for a more comfortable home. Their products are designed in Venice Beach and responsibly manufactured by the world’s best artisans. Parachute was founded by Ariel Kaye in 2014 to fulfill consumers’ needs for premium quality Bedding and a good night’s sleep. Discover Parachute’s Bedding, Bath and Tabletop Collections now. parachutehome.com