Autumn Adeigbo is looking to hire 2-4 interns in the sales and in the marketing departments. The position starts in September and lasts until December 1. The rate is $10/ hour. If you have a passion for fashion that makes an impact, connecting with and supporting other women, are personable with an entrepreneurial spirit, and committed to learning what it takes to build a fashion brand from the ground up, you should apply. Determined, organized, self-starters need only apply. Please see the job description below.
About The Brand
Autumn Adeigbo is building an ethical fashion brand. We design colorful & conversational women’s wear, sprinkled with African culture, for professional, high profile and creative women.
Our mission is to give back. We tap into the beauty and marketability of African culture by employing female African artisans for fashion production at fair-trade wages.
Brand Tag Line: Culture, Color, Conscience
Sales Internship Position
- Be able to work from 12-7pm or 1-8pm at least one day a week (Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays)
- Help build funnel of direct sales prospects between: boutiques, personal trunk shows, website and sales reps (cold calling sales prospects, linked in women’s groups, emailing, sales calendar)
- Attend corporate and personal trunk shows with Autumn
- Organize transportation (Uber) to and from trunk shows
- Organizes and pack samples and brand collateral for trunk shows
- Keep customers abreast on where in the production process their garment is via email
- Have product knowledge (study our lookbook, products, business model and prices) and be able to articulate if needed answers if customers have questions.
- Maintain a vibrant, bubbly and passionate can do attitude
- Be involved in the process of locating sales reps and dispersing training materials
- Assist with Direct Sales Mailers
- Pass out brand collateral in zip code appropriate neighborhoods in NYC
- Reply to website inquiries
Marketing Internship Position:
- Be available to work 1 day a week between 6-8 hours, 10am-5:30pm (Tuesdays or Thursdays)
- Public Relations: Research and attain editors/ influencers contact information
- Reach out to above influencers and pitch brand/ products for placement (with guidance of Autumn)
- Track online website analytics via Google analytics and draft/ print reports
- Manage loan and return of samples to and from influencers, arrange returns in line with sales calendar
- Create social media content (on brand imagery, fun captions, interact with people within community, like brand appropriate posts, reply to comments
- Research plus size influencers for product seeding
How To Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include why you want to work with an ethical fashion brand. We look forward to hearing from you.