Fashionista is looking for a full-time social media manager to join the team in our New York City office.
We're on the hunt for a Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook-obsessed candidate with 3-5 years of experience in the social media realm — preferably in the publishing space. This is a purely social media-focused position (as opposed to an editorial one), but a familiarity with Fashionista's tone and content is essential, as is a keen knowledge of the industry and pop culture. Our editors often work around the clock, so strong time management and organizational skills are crucial as well.
Duties will include:
- Sharing Fashionista stories on Facebook and Twitter as they're published, and keeping the feed updated throughout the day
- Keeping track of breaking news via Facebook, Twitter and other platforms
- Scheduling and coordinating all nighttime and weekend social posts
- Updating the Fashionista Instagram account with new posts and links to content daily
- Engaging with the Fashionista audience via our social media channels
- Live-tweeting special events (awards shows, industry red carpets, etc.) alongside the Fashionista editors
- Hosting and production of videos for Facebook (including live videos) and Instagram
- Staying up to date on new social media trends and platforms
Interested? Please send us your resume, a (very!) brief cover letter highlighting past work experience, salary requirements and links to your personal Twitter and Instagram pages to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be based in NYC and eligible for work in the U.S. We will be in touch if your credentials are a fit, but unfortunately we're unable to respond to every submission.
Homepage photo: @fashionista_com/Instagram