HL Group is a fast-growing, dynamic New York-based Communications, PR, and Marketing Consulting firm seeking an Account Manager to work on a public relations team serving beauty brands. The firm specializes in marketing and communications strategies across fashion, lifestyle, beauty, interior design, spirits, media and entertainment sectors, and is quickly expanding into other categories.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting press outreach and building traditional and non-traditional media and influencer relations in order to secure coverage, sponsorship opportunities, and social media engagement
- Secure top-tier media opportunities, including press coverage in beauty/grooming (men’s and women’s), lifestyle and consumer outlets
- Secure speaking engagements/panel opportunities for clients as appropriate
- Conducting research, prospective client briefings
- Coordinate strategy/logistics/execution for press events, desksides and in-store/consumer activations to support seasonal launches, collections, and other brand introductions
- Interface with client daily as relevant to press opportunities, event logistics, overseeing sample traffic, media monitoring etc.
- Contribute to story angle development, pitch and press release writing and daily product placement
- Generating client-facing collateral such as press updates, clip reports, comprehensive recaps
- Reports to team Account Director; provide updates on press status and client/team initiatives regularly
- A strong interest in the beauty space
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related field
- Minimum two years of experience on either the agency or client side, handling all product placement and contributing to feature coverage
- Proactive, forward-thinking and resourceful—able to anticipate next steps organically and deliver beyond the given task
- Proven relationships within the beauty space (specifically magazines, newspapers, online and blogs) on both a national and regional level
- Relationships with pro artists (makeup, hair, nail) and influencers in the beauty/fashion/lifestyle industry (celebrity, socials, on-air talent, etc.) a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal, networking, and verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize requests from multiple team members
- Ability to manage one or more Account Coordinators
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of tools such as Cision, Bacons, GPS, and Lexis Nexis a plus
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to David Rosario at email@example.com.