Human Resources Manager - a true Generalist with Recruiting needed for an apparel company located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, CA – confidential client. Apparel recruiting, consumer products, or retail back ground required. Employee relations, full cycle Recruiting, events and culture purveyor. Enthusiastic about fashion, people, Recruiting, team development, and company growth - a must!
- Oversee day-to-day HR duties, company communications, employee assistance/ relations
- Own Recruitment 70%; full cycle Recruitment for Creative, Designers, Marketing, e-Commerce, Corporate, PR, Sales, Sales Support, and some Warehouse roles, all levels.
- Partner with CEO, Senior Manager, and General Manager to determine business priorities and ensure goals are met, brainstorm employee motivators
- Answer questions regarding policies, company holidays and PTO, concerns, benefits, payroll, leaves, etc.
- Partner/ advise managers with employee development, performance, concerns, answer questions, provide solutions or collaborate solution options
- Proven strategic and preventative HR approach. Communication; keep managers informed, serve as a go-to person through employee lifecycle.
- Suggest and create policies/ amendments, perform audits, update Handbook and required postings as needed
- Initiate meetings, assist with in-line manager coaching, non-management career-pathing, training and development recommendations, team and org structure
- Process biweekly payroll, assist with timekeeping; handle adjustments, deductions, OT reports, leave roll overs
- Oversee leave process; work with vendors and employees, benefits and LOA administrator, oversee vendors
- Handle and refine onboarding and exit process, systems updates, record keeping
- Provide ongoing improvements, policies, clarification as needed
- Display confidentiality and discretion with all issues, information, and records
- Culture driver; positive demeanor, team player, role model, and event planner
- Other duties as needed, office support, file gatekeeper, paperwork, compliance, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred in Human Resources, or Business, or similar. Additional experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Minimum 3-6 years or more of progressive HR &Recruiting experience relative to performing the role (Apparel Recruiter, HR Manager, HR Generalist, Payroll Manager, Employee Relations, HR Advisor, HR Operations, Recruiting Manager).
- Proven and applied knowledge of CA state and federal HR laws, regulations and updates
- Knowledge of prior payroll processing experience a plus, but not required – willingness to learn
- Required and proven experience: HR administration, benefits, leaves, timekeeping, and HR processes
- Strong apparel Recruitment and Networking experience required
- Team player mentality, entrepreneurship, task ownership, office tasks and management duties
- Ability and desire to help with company growth, hiring, and finding key talent, market open roles, engage current employees, and steer company presence online/offline.
Excellent career opportunity. This is a full time, on-site role, global apparel brand. Location is downtown Los Angeles, CA. Solid comp and benefits package. *May start as temp-to-hire.
For immediate consideration, please email resumes and inquiries to: email@example.com
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for candidates, all levels, placement services and professional networking events. For more information and hot jobs see our web site: www.talentsuede.com, or follow us on twitter: @suede_Style.