Miaou Jeans began with one pair that was inspired by a high-end Paris thrift store find back in 2000. Like most ready-to-wear denim, they were made to fit the tall and narrow women who model them on the runways. Discouraged by the lack of options, vintage collector-turned-designer Alexia Elkaim experimented by tailoring a cropped cut on her close friends— they fit so well that she knew she was on to something. So she created a garment that would be as well-constructed as the French classics she found while thrifting, but with a universally modern fit. Miaou has now expanded to tops, corsets, shorts and dresses. Only a year old, Miaou is ever expanding and looking for interns to join the growing team, starting asap.
- Minimum of 2-3 Days a Week
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Based in NYC
- Able to Receive School Credit
- Your own Laptop
- Intern tasks can vary day to day, and depend on whether working in the office, in garment district, or on a shoot.
- Typical tasks include:
- Managing showroom samples
- Creating mood boards for shoots and upcoming seasons
- Sourcing in garment district
- Assisting with store and online orders
- Prep for Fashion & Market Week
- Weekly inventory
- Basic office errands
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.