Zero + Maria Cornejo opened in 1998 as a purely retail concept when, prompted by a desire to re-connect with the core of her ideas about design, cutting and garment construction, Chilean-born designer Maria Cornejo transformed a raw space in New York’s Nolita into a very personal store and atelier named Zero.
It’s an exciting time at our company where we have experienced amazing growth in sales and our RTW has rapidly evolved in all categories, making us a true lifestyle brand with a loyal following. Our clothes mostly consist of lightweight silks and jacquards in rich colors with easy to wear silhouettes.
Since the beginning, and as a result of the company’s commitment to the local economy, the Zero + Maria Cornejo collection has been largely produced (70%) in the heart of New York City’s Garment District with the exception of a few categories, including shoes and handbags, which are made by small, independently owned factories in Italy. Dedicated to fostering a company ethos that is just as committed to its social impact as its environmental, Zero uses ecological and sustainable fabrics wherever possible. And as a company owned and run by women, the team continuously looks to develop special collaborations with women artisans around the world.
- Help print and create line sheets during market
- Dress models during market and during fashion show
- Assist with overall duties during fashion show/market
- Some administrative duties and occasional errands
- Help facilitate sample trafficking
- Develop strong understanding of the brand's identity and distribution
- Support the wholesale team from the beginning of the merchandising/development process through the selling process
- Assist with checking in orders both when they come in and after they have been entered for accuracy
- Attend store trainings with account executives to both assist and observe-Assist account executives in market appointments
- Must be eager to learn, ready to take initiative, and be able to navigate around NYC if needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3-4 days per week with a 4 month minimum is preferred
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.