Seeking an Assistant Publicist with 1-2 years of relevant (beauty) agency experience to handle day-to-day press initiatives for all designated mml pr clients in the west coast beauty division.
Duties includes (but not limited to):
- Assisting Account Director/Account Executive with any and all client related duties/tasks
- Creating pitches and assist in securing print, online and broadcast placements for clients
- Writing press releases, fact sheets and other press materials
- Compiling monthly and weekly client reports including, edit/credit report, weekly/monthly summation, event/project recaps, inventories and public relations calendar
- Monitoring media placements for hits and servicing to clients in a timely manner (Utilize Cision media monitoring where relevant)
- Taking notes during conference calls and arranging conference calls, handle related agendas and recaps
- Putting together and managing client databases
- Costing out and helping to execute client mailings
- Fielding all press/sample requests for clients
- Communicating any and all related initiatives with client on a day-to-day basis -- as directed
- General media monitoring on a daily basis for industry related news and events
- Assist with client event planning; media trips, desk sides, media launch events, dinners, etc.
- Booking client related travel
- Tracking expenses and supporting publicist on budgets
- Keeping press kit materials current and updated
- Carry out any and all pr related initiatives deemed appropriate by president of mml and or Publicist
- Hours 8:30am to 6:00pm daily
- Longer hours required based on work load and client events
- At least 1 year relevant agency experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by experience pitching and writing press releases
- Possess press contacts and the ability to actively create and maintain great industry contacts
- Excellent research ability and command of the internet
- Resourceful, proactive and detail oriented
- Able to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
- Possess a professional attitude with good phone etiquette
- Must be proficient in computer applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Cision experience preferred.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Competitive compensation and benefits package