Purple a seeking a PR Account Manager with a specialization in lifestyle public relations to join the team in our New York office. Our offices are based in downtown New York with a full service office in London, and newly opened office in Los Angeles.
The successful candidate must have a solid background with a minimum 3+ years PR experience in the design, architecture, hospitality, travel, real estate, and luxury lifestyle industry, be results driven and have a proven track record in successfully garnering optimal media placements on behalf of clients. They will have excellent press contacts and demonstrate a high degree of initiative and creativity when pro-actively proposing new ideas. They will also possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis reporting and thrive on attention to detail.
- A proven track record of executing results driven media relations campaigns on behalf of clients spanning luxury lifestyle, including design, travel, real estate, architecture, spirts, etc.
- Liaising with clients, press and key influencer contacts to support all needs, including: monthly coverage reports and ad hoc requests
- Pro-actively pitch and secure maximum editorial opportunities. Maintain press interest in existing campaigns and maintain ‘buzz’ around new launches
- Daily press interaction; nurture and develop high level strategic relationships with media across all channels via regular communication, press appointments, property visits, etc.
- Writing press releases, bios, company boiler plates and fact sheets
- Managing Junior level staff and interns
Skills and qualities required:
- Established press, blogger and influencer contacts
- Excellent knowledge of all media including strong understanding of digital landscape and social media platforms
- You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate who is enthusiastic, works well within a small team and has a passion for media. An understanding of the lifestyle and hospitality industry is vital.
- Experience managing high profile clients within the realm of travel, design, hospitality, luxury lifestyle goods, and art & culture.
- 2+ years of lifestyle PR experience, agency or in-house
- Existing contacts with national design, architecture, hospitality, lifestyle & online media
- Experience overseeing product and showroom launches, new projects, large-scale events, creating compelling brand partnerships, and having worked across the agency to seek out client collaborations.
- Experience managing account teams and developing/mentoring junior staff
- Portfolio of previous secured press clips, including features, profiles, news items, event coverage, etc.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Job type: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the United States
- Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org