Samira Buchi New York is a lifestyle handbag brand that designs and manufactures handcrafted leather handbags that combines luxury, simplicity & functionality. Made In New York – each product meets the highest standards of workmanship.
SBNY is looking for a creative handbag design intern for a period of three to six months in our Long Island City studio. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about luxury fashion and looking to gain hands-on experience of handbag making process. This is a paid internship opportunity.
Skills and Requirements:
- Should be available 2 days a week
- Handcraft skills
- Technical expertise in cutting leather, fabrics, trims, etc...
- Hand stitching, lacing, pattern cutting skill
- Handbag construction knowledge is preferred
- A sense of luxury fashion
- Must be reliable, organized, proactive, detail-oriented, punctual
- Assisting the head designer in crafting the handbags
- Helping the team with anything needed for general design process
Timeframe: Available for 3-6 months
Location: Long Island City, New York
To apply: send your resume, cover letter and previous work samples to email@example.com