UFCG - Umindi Francis Consulting Group - is an international brand consulting and digital communications firm based in New York with clients spanning five continents. Our expertise is in Brand Development and Strategic Communications for fashion, luxury, lifestyle, art & design and technology brands. Through our efforts we help create market leaders with our disruptive campaigns, innovative ideas and expert counsel.
UFCG is seeking a PR Manager for the firm’s stellar fashion and accessories accounts. The ideal candidate is a professional strategic and creative thinker with luxury fashion experience and a strong network of editorial, stylist and influencer relationships. Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills are a must, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This individual will also have excellent follow-through skills. A positive attitude and enthusiasm for client and team success is important. The position requires daily client interaction executed with the utmost level of professionalism. Experience managing fashion week events is also necessary.
- Ability to secure media placements across various genres: fashion, lifestyle, business, entertainment, art & design, travel, and broadcast media
- Pitch product placement and feature opportunities
- A responsive approach to client management
- Build and maintain a strong network of media relationships
- Develop and create strategic ideas for clients
- Support with client strategy development and execution
- Manage product sample requests, sample trafficking, and inventories for press and celebrity stylist
- Event planning for fashion weeks, product launches etc.
- Attend key industry events and network as an agency representative
- Draft press releases and other communications tools
- Maintain knowledge of various media contacts
- Manage direct reports
- A minimum 4+ years of experience at an agency or in house specifically in Public Relations
- Experience managing events
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree
- Computer Proficiency i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.
- Social media proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An awareness of fashion industry culture, pop-culture and current events
- The ability to understand the presentation aesthetic synonymous with luxury brands
- Eligible to live and work in the United States
Salary to commensurate with experience. UFCG offers full health benefits including medical, dental and vision as well as a generous vacation package.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with PR Manager in the subject line.