Beauty Blitz is hiring interns for the Winter 2017 & Spring 2018. We are looking for sharp, motivated journalism and graphic design students who have a strong passion for the digital/social media, as well a prior experience in the editorial world (such as relevant internships and/or school publication experience). We are looking for individuals who have exceptional taste and a superior work ethic. Our internship offers participants the ability to learn about all aspects of beauty editorial and digital media. Candidates must be able to gracefully juggle multiple tasks and have a focused eye for detail.
EDITORIAL INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting editors in identifying emerging trends and sourcing products for stories
- Conducting preliminary reporting for features
- Writing and producing content
- Contacting public relations and marketing contacts to obtain products and images for stories
- Participating in ideas meetings to update Beauty Blitz’s editorial calendar
- Helping with day-to-day Beauty Blitz operations and administrative duties
- Assisting with social media, including Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, etc
- Strong writing skills a must.
If interested, please email your resume and three relevant clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the editorial team to prep still life and portrait photo shoots
- Styling and photographing products for layouts
- Helping with post-production and layout design in Photoshop
- Participating in team meetings to help shape BeautyBlitz’s editorial calendar
- Designing layouts and digital assets across the Beauty Blitz brand
- Assisting with social media, including Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Interested in beauty, style, typography, branding and digital media
If interested, please email your resume and three relevant design samples to email@example.com.
ABOUT BEAUTY BLITZ MEDIA
Beauty Blitz Media, LLC, the publisher of BeautyBlitz.com, was founded by veteran beauty editor Polly Blitzer in 2008. The multi-media brand, named "the beauty insider's insider" by The New York Times, covers makeup, hair, nails, fragrance, skincare, wellness and lifestyle in the context of fashion and culture with a decidedly behind-the-scenes perspective. Beauty Blitz has been recognized as a definitive authority for trend-setting influencers.
Opportunity to get college course credit. $1,000 stipend upon successful completion.