BPCM is looking for a charismatic Account Executive for our Fashion PR Team with a proven track record of planning and implementing marketing strategies developed with clients to support the promotion of their product or brand to a desired target audience. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with large Fashion, Consumer/Lifestyle and/or Retail brands at a public relations agency. The candidate for this role must possess excellent stylist, editorial and talent contacts, familiarity with fashion and beauty influencers/bloggers, have strong writing, media relations and client interaction skills, in-depth knowledge of the fashion & beauty industry and trends and should be well organized and great at multitasking.
The Account Executive Responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Serve as a primary client contact with the proven ability to manage and drive multiple client account programs and teams delivering strategic value
- Plan, develop and advise clients on integrated and measurable PR initiatives
- Generating creative ideas and solutions to everyday problems and challenges
- Pro-actively pitch and secure maximum editorial opportunities. Maintain press interest in existing products and create ‘buzz’ around new launches
- Daily press interaction; nurture and develop strategic relationships with editors across all channels via regular communication and press appointments
- Maintaining strong relationships with key fashion influencers, fashion stylists and bloggers
- Ensuring that client and stylist’s requests are fulfilled, delivered on time and are value-producing
- Manage all aspects of specialty events from guest list creation, client management, budget, VIP outreach and press coverage
- Writing press releases, assisting budget management, managing events
- Multitask across multiple client accounts and projects under deadline, manage client timelines and budgets
- Ensure that key milestones and projects are on track, within prescribed timelines and on budget
- Display exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Directly manage day to day activities on 6-8 accounts
Required Experience and Skills
- B.A. and 5 years PR agency experience working on publicity campaigns with top Fashion, Consumer/Lifestyle brands, preferred experience in womenswear and accessories. MUST HAVE AGENCY EXPERIENCE IN LUXURY BRAND PR.
- Superior press release and pitch writing, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills; adept at developing rapport with clients to maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to align press initiatives with business goals of brands/clients
- Expert at maintaining ongoing relationships with members of top-tier media.
- Advanced presentation skills - ability to manage and gain confidence of client
- You enjoy opportunities to collaborate with colleagues on projects.
- Independent thinker with hands-on can-do, “roll up your sleeves” attitude.