Responsibilities and Expectations
- Minimum 3-5 years publicity experience
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- New York based
- Experience working with beauty and lifestyle consumer goods
- Excellent short and long-lead beauty editor contacts (weekly magazines, national daily papers, top national long lead titles)
- Ability to pitch and coordinate national and regional broadcast segments and in-studio style segments
- Strong relationships with top beauty and health websites and bloggers/vloggers
- Experience in writing and pitching beauty credits and trend stories
- Strong beauty expert relationships
- Relationships with influencers + makeup artists is a plus but not required
- Supervise and manage account teams
- Help conceptualize, organize, and execute PR strategies
- Able to lead, encourage, mentor, and develop junior staff members
- Effective organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Plan and lead brainstorms with staff
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to write creative and effective press releases and media alerts
- Event planning experience
- An enthusiastic team leader
- Connections with influencers and tastemakers in New York, Miami and Los Angeles
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and media
- Structured communication with clients and staff
- Develop PR strategies for new business opportunities and participate in new business pitch meetings
POKE PR is a team of highly creative individuals who bring your ideas into focus in the national market place. We live and work at the crossroads of beauty, wellness, and fitness, and are able to forecast trends and identify key moments that help our clients capture the public’s interest. The objective of this unique and multifaceted approach is to build significantly client profiles, increase media presence into new ventures and deliver stand out results.
Current Account Roster
AKT is a dance based boutique fitness studio, founded by celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser, with locations in Manhattan, the Hamptons and Connecticut. Celebrity clients include Kelly Ripa, Shakira and Emmy Rossum.
Allies of Skin is a Singaporean homegrown brand that was founded with a simple goal in mind: To create smart, effective products for the modern day multi-hyphenate using potent antioxidants and intelligent nutrients. The brand creates multitasking nutrient-reservoirs driven by a fundamental belief in the skin’s ability to heal and correct itself. The guiding principle is to facilitate and enhance the healing process with powerful actives in clean, optimally concentrated formulas
· Beauty Bioscience (Parent Company of GloPRO Microneedling Regeneration Tool)
GloPRO®'s patented technology stimulates skin's natural healing response to induce micro-rejuvenation deep within the skin. As MicroTips™ pass over the skin, the rejuvenation process begins immediately as cells respond to imperceptible microchannels by restoring volume from the inside out. The result is a visibly firmer, smoother, younger-looking appearance. This youth-promoting tool magnifies the benefits of key anti-aging ingredients making absorption easier while enhancing overall skincare performance.
Frustrated with the endless search for products that actually delivered on the claims they made, Drunk Elephant founder Tiffany Masterson decided to create something that didn’t yet exist in the skincare industry. Drunk Elephant is different because they formulate without the ingredients they believe are at the root of confused, unhappy skin: silicones, essential oils, fragrance, dyes, bad alcohols and chemical sunscreens. They don’t care whether an ingredient is natural or synthetic, it just needs to be clean, safe and effective. They make sure that pH levels are ideal and the percentages of actives we use are at clinically effective levels. They don’t care at all about smelling pretty; we leave out all forms of fragrance, including natural.
A refreshing deviation from a market saturated with products backed by big-name celebrity stylists and deep-pocketed corporations, Briogeo takes it back to basics, offering a high-performance, hair care collection that is naturally based, yet performance driven to provide visible results. Beauty shouldn't be compromised by harsh or harmful ingredients, which is why all Briogeo formulas live up to their performance claims – providing the vibrant, beautiful and healthy hair we constantly strive to achieve.
With nothing to hide, ILIA believes that clean beauty is about more than just leaving out harsh chemicals and toxins. It’s about adding skin-healing, organic, natural ingredients while still achieving buildable, wearable hues. ILIA is a color cosmetics line that is driven by ingredients and inspired by design. Each product possesses brilliant color and is thoughtfully made.
Juice Generation is America’s premier juicery with over a dozen shops in New York City. Since 1999 the mission has been to create friendly, accessible juice bars where people of all lifestyles can experience the energizing effects of fresh, raw juices – conveniently and affordably. In 2008, Salma Hayek and Eric Helms created Cooler Cleanse- a nationwide organic cold-pressed juice delivery service founded. In 2014, Juice Generation’s CEO distilled his 15 years of wisdom into his first book published by Simon & Schuster, The Juice Generation: 100 Recipes for Fresh Juices and Superfood Smoothies.
Meant makes hardworking, multipurpose body care products that nourish your skin and simplify your routine. Made with natural, organic and certified organic ingredients, Meant delivers noticeable results in simple fashion. And their products and practices are uncompromising. Because doing the right thing just feels right. Meant is mindfully made, minimalist-designed and massively rewarding. It is gender-inclusive care for all.
Restorsea is a prestige anti-aging skincare line anchored by its proprietary enzyme, Aquabeautine XL, of which the company has secured the 20 year global rights. Restorsea is a naturally-derived, clinically proven skincare regimen providing a groundbreaking alternative to harsh exfoliants. Discovered in the pure fjords of Western Norway in one of the nation’s leading salmon hatcheries, Vibransea complex’s active ingredient provides the same benefits as glycolic acid and without the abrasive side effects.
skyn Iceland offers solutions to treat the damage caused by stress. The brand’s inspiration comes from nature, in the pure unspoiled natural resources of Iceland – With its mineral rich waters, antioxidant powered berries, soothing algaes and mosses and immune boosting angelica archangelica. With these potent naturals, the brand created products that soothe, stabilize, fortify and nourish skin, bringing it back into balance and returning it to a glowing, youthful state.
Please send all resumes to Emily at Emily@Poke-PR.com.