Purple is actively seeking a bright, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Junior Account Executive / Account Executive to join its thriving beauty division.
You will be a hard-working and proactive candidate with 1-2 years of experience* who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and has a passion for the beauty industry.
*Please do not apply without prior relevant industry experience, or with less experience than noted.
The right candidate will demonstrate a high degree of initiative, be results-driven and have an enthusiasm to develop within the team. They will be an articulate presenter, possess good writing skills, be competent at media analysis, reporting and thrive on attention to detail. This role will require the right candidate to develop their media contacts and be creative in proposing ideas and initiatives to the team.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coordinate press events, new product launch events, and desksides alongside senior staff
- Proven success in product placement
- Established, strong industry contacts with junior to mid-level beauty press, both online and in print and with key beauty bloggers
- Manage team interns to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and PR results are delivered; while supporting them in their growth to the next level
- Support the senior staff across all activities where needed
- Liaise with London & Los Angeles teams on mutual clients when necessary
- Create press releases that are both visually appealing and informative
- Possess excellent team skills, working alongside junior and senior members of the team
- Assist in driving, organizing and executing PR programs in North America & Global projects
- Liaise with all clients to ensure the brand voice is consistent in each market
- Efficient, organized with excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Experience managing and compiling client reports and presentations – proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop preferred
- Fashion week experience is preferential
- Understands both niche and corporate brands
- Will bring dynamic, creative insight into the agency through personal contacts network and interests
SALARY, BENEFITS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Salary: Dependent upon experience and ability to meet all requirements
- Standard company benefits
- Standard company working hours of 9:00am-6:00pm, flexibility required during campaigns and events
- Confirmation of appointment and eligibility to benefits
- Equal Opportunities Employer
- B.S./B.A. in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or related area
- 1-2 years of communications experience, within the beauty industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Team player who thrives on collaboration. Has ability and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Ability to work well independently in a fast-paced environment under hard deadlines
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience and ability to manage budgets
- Strong working knowledge of social media platforms and print & online publications
- Invested interest and knowledge of beauty and fashion industries, and stays up-to-speed on current affairs
- Candidates should apply in writing with a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience for this role, attaching your CV and email to jobsNY@purplepr.com PLEASE INCLUDE THE WORD BEAUTY IN THE TITLE OF YOUR EMAIL
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the US
Based in SoHo, New York, with full service offices in London and Los Angeles, Purple represents a variety of brands across different areas of expertise including Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Hospitality, and Music. Purple is independent in philosophy, attitude and operation – offering a boutique in-house approach, the strategic requirements of each client are individually tailored from the outset.
Purple’s services cover press relations, editorial procurement, product placement and high profile event management.
For more information, please visit www.purplepr.com