Gelato Pique New York seeks motivated and aspirational individuals with strong multi-tasking abilities for our new store opening at 144 Orchard Street, NYC. We are looking for a Sales Manager and Sales Associates who can start as soon as November 28th, 2017.
Gelato Pique is a well established Japanese premium lounge wear brand for women who love fashion not only when they are out, but also when they are at home.
Please take a look at our collection at: http://gelatopique.com/eng/
"Dessert for grown-ups"...
The brand is happily creating relaxing clothing that makes you comfortable
and is fit to your lifestyle, as "fashion in the room."
"Sweets to wear," to stimulate your room for a dessert,
affordably priced like a dessert, is for all the women like you.
STORE MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- Is customer service oriented and understands the importance exceptional service contributes to growing store sales.
- Driven to create, build, and cultivate relationships with customers, our brand associates, and the community with a focus on prospecting and establishing a strong clientele from existing and new customers.
- Ambitious and enthusiastic in creating an environment for both the store and team to succeed.
- Reinforces consistent selling and service standards through coaching, training, and accountability.
- Passionate about selling and seeks organized and thoughtful ways to drive new traffic into the store.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, a high level of integrity, fiscal responsibility, critical thinking, and courageous leadership.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Professional, assertive, and friendly with the ability to make decisions independently.
SALES ASSOCIATE REQUIREMENTS
- REQUIRED: Minimum of 2-3 years of sales experience in a luxury retail environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, POS systems, and possess excellent and clear communication skills.
- Capability to move objects while working on the selling floor and backroom.
- Model professionalism, strong work ethic, integrity and respect for others creating an environment that positions our brand as an employer of choice.
- Educate, coach, mentor and inspire Client Specialists based on their individual strengths, opportunities and needs. This includes onboarding new talent, sharing product knowledge, wardrobing /fashion trends, driving key performance indicators, etc.
- Model exceptional customer service and relationship-building behaviors to drive customer loyalty and a sustainable sales trend.
- Create a collaborative, team environment where all associates are held accountable and proud to uphold the same standards, policies and procedures. Provide coaching and feedback when necessary and address performance/disciplinary action when required.
- Assists management in leading the team as needed.
Sales and Service:
- Model sales and service excellence creating a selling culture where all associates align around the needs of our customers.
- Seeks to understand customer needs & wants with curiosity and confidence through intentional conversation.
- Use company resources and personal leadership to facilitate and sustain a strong selling environment that holds associates accountable for achieving productivity standards.
- Exhibit knowledge of industry trends and competitive activity and share this knowledge with the team.
- Lead associates in consistently marketing our brand initiatives to achieve key sales and service metrics.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills to proactively contact clientele with the intent to sell in a way that is relevant, timely and meaningful for her.
- Professionally represent the brand image and ensure all associates meet same standards.
- Support areas of operational excellence as needed.
- Plan and prioritize tasks and responsibilities to meet the needs of the customer and business.
- Protect company assets and maintain a safe work environment.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal employment laws.
- Four or more years (for store manager) or two more years (for sales associate) of specialty retailing experience preferred with an emphasis on selling. One year of leadership experience preferred.
- Strong sales experience preferred with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to move about in a store including standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, using stairs, carrying, bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching out with the body, arms, or legs, pulling and lifting objects up to 40 pounds. Sometimes these movements are made quickly and repeatedly.
- An essential function of the job is the ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with intermediate computer and keyboarding skills.
- Able to work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Able to relocate and open to opportunities in other areas of the business.
- High school degree required. College degree preferred.
- Candidate should have a desire to learn of the Japanese culture and fashion.
- Familiarity with maintaining social media platforms to engage clients.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended to be inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is subject to change.
To apply: Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line "Store Manager" or "Sales Associate" for the position you seek.